• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Oops I did it again...

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I love my new 910, I really do...

But when Titleist showed up for a demo day with launch monitor in tow, I couldn't help myself.

The guy starts me off hitting my D3 with Titty Ahina and says, you can't do better than that. 147 ball speed, 14 launch, 240-250 carry...Then we look closer at my spin... 3900 RPM, well that's high he says.

Next up, RIP 60 - no improvement at all.
Next up, Voodo SNV - I hooked the hell out of it, and hit it way low.
Next up, Oban Devotion - much better but lacking feel, and I love feel.

He's about to put in an HD6 in there, when I spot something else that I want to try...

The magic shaft - My numbers went to 154 ball speed, 264 carry and 2250 spin!!! Now that's 10 plus yards more carry, way lower spin and incredible feel. I hit ball after ball dead nuts with a nice draw. I had been playing my D3 at A2, but I started turning it over too much, so I put it at A1 and it just kept getting better and better.

I'm not long by any stretch, but I'll take 260 carry with a mid-high low spin launch all day.

I had them order me shaft with sure-fit hosel right there...

So... what shaft was it ;-)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Feel, eh?

My guess is immediately the GD Tour AD. But, the Motore might be an option worth a guess too.

R35

OP
VtDivot

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Feel, eh?

My guess is immediately the GD Tour AD. But, the Motore might be an option worth a guess too.

R35

They had the Tour AD, but I didn't get a chance to hit it... You know me, you should be able to get this one...

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Blueboard, no doubt. It's only the best shaft ever made!!

FWIW I always thought the AD was crap and have yet to find a Graphite Design shaft I like.

OP
VtDivot

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Right OEM, but wrong shaft.

OP
VtDivot

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Bingo -

Fubuki Tour 73 S.

This things kicks like CRAZY - way more than the stock 'ahina that was in there, which felt kinda dead.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Bingo -

Fubuki Tour 73 S.

This things kicks like CRAZY - way more than the stock 'ahina that was in there, which felt kinda dead.

Good feel with that shaft? I have been kicking around the idea of trying it but have not gotten a chance.

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
Damn you.....stop tempting me with your 910 threads

Just out of interest, can you recall the Oban numbers andwhich version the shaft was? I love mine in my fairways and I reckon we play about the same specs, although a lighter shaft suits me better, so I'd be interested to see what they were.

FWIW - I was thinking Fubuki Alpha, so not far off. Do I win a coconut?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
FWIW I always thought the AD was crap and have yet to find a Graphite Design shaft I like.

Jim is close

He's bang on as far as this is concerned! LOL.

Whiteboard?

Edit: I didn't read all the way through when I went with my guess.

I'm shocked that the Fubuki was the choice, considering it's at the exact opposite end of the scale against every other shaft in your list.

My guess is that you were hitting poorly fitted shafts until you went off the map and found something better made for your swing.

I hated the Fubuki in everything except the FT-IQ. I killed it in that.

R35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Bingo -

Fubuki Tour 73 S.

The stock Ahina is a made-for shaft. The real version plays completely different. I have a basement full of Ahina pulls from FW's and hybrids....

R35

OP
VtDivot

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Good feel with that shaft? I have been kicking around the idea of trying it but have not gotten a chance.

Shaft is AWESOME.

It's like a blueboard, with more kick and WAYYYYYYYYYY less spin :)

If I were you I'd get a TM Supertri they have the Fubuki 73 in stock, for about 234 from GG

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.