• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ordered a new driver

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Callaway Preowned had a deal I just couldn't resist. They had a selection of Imix shafts free if you ordered any head. I ordered a 10* FT-9 and a Zcom 65g shaft to go with it.

I don't really know much about the shaft. Says it's 65g and a high kick. I'm assuming that means a stiffer tip as well. It's called a "Zcom tour"?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Wow! Resurfaces again to tell us about a new driver! Glad to see you again!!!

I almost pulled the trigger on one of those deals myself. I was looking at an FT-5 Tour or FT-i LCG with the Fubuki. I would do it but I just drained my paypal with 2 fw's and an Adams driver that are on their way. The driver head I didn't really want but it came with a whiteboard 73 that I will probably just sell to fund more ho'ing!

Anyway, back to the OP. Don't know much about the shaft either so this really was just to pad my post count! LOL!

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Dibs on he Whiteboard if its an X! ;)

I've nearly been tempted by this deal too. Can get an FT-9 Tour for $85 plus get the free Fubuki shaft aswell. Plus if you read the fine print they also offer 40% off an additional shaft so could get a whiteboard for around $125. $210 for that killer combo plus the Fubuki would be an absolute steal. Just a shame that CPO ships via Fedex and it would be about $60 to get this combo to me...

On a side note Jim, keep an eye out for a 'thank you' present that should arrive mid to late next week.

Wow! Resurfaces again to tell us about a new driver! Glad to see you again!!!

I almost pulled the trigger on one of those deals myself. I was looking at an FT-5 Tour or FT-i LCG with the Fubuki. I would do it but I just drained my paypal with 2 fw's and an Adams driver that are on their way. The driver head I didn't really want but it came with a whiteboard 73 that I will probably just sell to fund more ho'ing!

Anyway, back to the OP. Don't know much about the shaft either so this really was just to pad my post count! LOL!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Dibs on he Whiteboard if its an X! ;)

I've nearly been tempted by this deal too. Can get an FT-9 Tour for $85 plus get the free Fubuki shaft aswell. Plus if you read the fine print they also offer 40% off an additional shaft so could get a whiteboard for around $125. $210 for that killer combo plus the Fubuki would be an absolute steal. Just a shame that CPO ships via Fedex and it would be about $60 to get this combo to me...

On a side note Jim, keep an eye out for a 'thank you' present that should arrive mid to late next week.

Lefty, while much appreciated it was not necessary! I'm always willing to help out a fellow shottalker. I'm going to send you a PM so as not to threadjack quite so bad!

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Ez,

The ZCOM is a nice, tight feeling shaft that delivers. I was pleasantly surprised at the kick and launch that it provides. I was actually skeptical of pulling mine out of my 9.5* head initially, it was that good.

R35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Ez,

The ZCOM is a nice, tight feeling shaft that delivers. I was pleasantly surprised at the kick and launch that it provides. I was actually skeptical of pulling mine out of my 9.5* head initially, it was that good.

R35

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Ez,

R35

Ez,

R35

The shaft so nice, he posted it twice!

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Club was not for me. 1st shot I hit on the course was a low slice 100yds., 2nd was left of left and off the golf course.

On a more positive note, played with 2fast2's today!! He's doing well, going to school in Boston now to be a dentist or dental surgeon to be exact. We had a great time at new course in the area. It was built from the course I learned to play on when I first started posting here. Superquad was fine, ripped it deep many times. Shot 87, which for me is a damn good round these days, lol.

Oh, I put the driver in the classifieds too if anyone is interested in it.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
EZ - how is it going!

What are you up to these days anyhow? How's the life/work balance working out for you?

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I'm back doing the furniture moving. Pretty much same as always but I play less golf. Been working out a lot and actually started playing basketball again. Not sure how long that's going to last though, my knees are not what they used to be.

🔥 Latest posts