• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

OSU #2, Wisconsin #3 ???

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
What the heck?

Wisconsin beat OSU in their first meeting.
Wisconsin is 24-2, OSU is 22-3.
Both teams are 10-1 in conference play.
Wisconsin is 3-0 against top 25 teams. OSU is 1-3 against top 25 teams.

Yet OSU is ranked # 2, and Wisconsin ranked #3. I don't get it.

I guess we'll have to wait until the Badgers whup the Buckeyes in Columbus on Feb. 25.

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
yah, I agree maybe Ohio has better P.R. department. As long as Badgers are ranked # 1 in one of the Sectionals for NCAA tourney it really does not matter.

watched Florida against Kentucky and I believe Badgers or Buckeyes would match up well against either team.

Badgers have finally clinched game against Minnesota with 5 minutes to go at Williams Area( that weird raised court).Playing away in the Big Ten with a high ranking is difficult. Another reason why Badgers and Buckeyes should have their top 4 rankings.

Does Ohio play Indiana yet this year? The Hoosiers are getting hot also. Also Badgers have unique final 3 games Michigan State, Ohio, Michigan State.The first Spartan game is Michigan's fourth home game in a row.

Forever "The Grateful Red" Go Bucky:laugh:

Lamarr: I want you to round up every vicious criminal and gunslinger in the west. Take this down: I want rustlers, cutthraots, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, half-wits, dim-wits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, horse wagglers, horse thiefs, bullbags, train robbers, bank robbers, ass kickers, shit kickers, and Methodists! [laughter]
Taggart: Could you repeat that, sir?

Bart: Why would Hedley Lamarr care about where the choo-choo go?
Mongo: Don't know. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
This is for hoops right?

I wish theyd televise more college hoops up here in Canada, we see The Tourney, but thats it.

OP
Eracer

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
OSU beat Indiana in their only matchup. Florida destroyed OSU, 86-60.

The Gators are a pretty scary team. They keep letting teams take substantial leads into the locker room, then they come out in the second half and just impose their will. When Noah, Green and/or Brewer start clicking, I don't think that anyone can stay with them.

I'm hoping for a Wisconsin vs. Florida matchup in the tourney. Florida is the more balanced team, while Wisconsin has one of the most explosive players in the country in Alando Tucker. The Badgers have a problem in that they are pretty awful at the line. And when you get the the NCAA's you'd better make free throws.

Zaphod, I just don't know about Indiana. They are a Jekyll and Hyde team: they beat Wisconsin, they barely beat Illinois, lost to a 14-11 Iowa team - it seems that the Hoosiers are either a good team or a bad team. They don't bring enough consistency to the table. I'm keeping an eye of them as a bracket buster.

SandPiper - you need a satellite dish.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
What the heck?

Wisconsin beat OSU in their first meeting.
Wisconsin is 24-2, OSU is 22-3.
Both teams are 10-1 in conference play.
Wisconsin is 3-0 against top 25 teams. OSU is 1-3 against top 25 teams.

Yet OSU is ranked # 2, and Wisconsin ranked #3. I don't get it.

I guess we'll have to wait until the Badgers whup the Buckeyes in Columbus on Feb. 25.

Eraser

I've been pissed about this also. Guess we don't have a HS All-American recruit. These supposedly "experts" don't go by the best "team". They go by the hotdogs on the teams. Must be ex-NBA players.... :D

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Eracer:
I agree. would love to see Bucky and Gators match up. It would become a game of who could impose their will and control game tempo. Both teams live on offensive rebounds and good defense. I probably comes down to what team shoots better from line and is on in 3 point land. On paper the edge goes to Gators in both categories. Foul trouble may be not a problem for either team as bench depth for both is a strength maybe Wisconsin a bit weeaker at guard but stronger in big man positions. A bettor's paradise!!!.
BTW: Blazing Saddles is a all time favorite. Love that quote.

warbirdlover: Completely agree. Wisconsin continues to be underdog but they play their role well. Throw us to the lions but we survive!!!

See you have Erins Glenn CC listed as one of home courses. How would you rate it? Have seen positive and negative reviews. Also have you heard anything about Erin Hills? Is it worth the $125 green fees for Wisconsin resident? Again heard mixed reviews :)

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
See you have Erins Glenn CC listed as one of home courses. How would you rate it? Have seen positive and negative reviews. Also have you heard anything about Erin Hills? Is it worth the $125 green fees for Wisconsin resident? Again heard mixed reviews :)

zaphod

Actually haven't played it yet but plan to. They have a Monday special for 18 holes with a cart for like $37. That's when I'll play it. :D

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
I do the same with Lake Arrowhead $65reg--$35 twlite,Trappers Turn $100 reg/18--$50 all day off season,and Northern Bay$80 reg---$40 all day off season here in central Wisconsin.

Hope your NCAA brackets work.

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
KU and Badgers would be an interesting match-up .Perhaps March Madness will provide.

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
if KU survives their dreaded first and second rounds, i see them going deep. have a knack for drooping to crappy team's levels at times when they're playing one, but give them a good team to play and they're magic

point and case: Oral Roberts, Texas Tech, Florida

KU doesn't need the 3 to win either, in the games i've watched OSU and Wisconsin, three, after three, after three.

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
Vanderbilt just beat #1 Florida..........#3 Wisconsin killed Penn State 75-49............to raise their record to 26-2, 11-1 Big Ten, and #2?? Ohio State is 23-3, 11-1 Big Ten. How is Wisconsin ranked behind these two???? Unreal.:(

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Next few days will be revealing. Ohio plays Sunday at Williams arena vs Gophers( Gophers have been on a scoring tear with their big man back). And Wisconsin plays away at Michigan State. Spartans absolutely dismantled Iowa today.
The door is wide open. Could be #1 vs #2 when Badgers meet Buckeyes in Ohio!!!!and it cannot end in tie.:laugh:

OP
Eracer

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Vanderbilt just beat #1 Florida..........#3 Wisconsin killed Penn State 75-49............to raise their record to 26-2, 11-1 Big Ten, and #2?? Ohio State is 23-3, 11-1 Big Ten. How is Wisconsin ranked behind these two???? Unreal.:(

I think Florida is going to fall to #2 after the loss to Vandy.

Now - will the real #1 (Wisconsin, assuming they beat MSU) PLEASE be recognized?

🔥 Latest posts

Members online