• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Packing the Rain Gear!

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1599073687.838135.jpg

Having a look at this weekend’s forecast and my heart sank! My BIL was hoping to get out for a round while we are down visiting the grandparents, the weather looks anything but cooperative. With last visits washout, I’m packing rain gear this time. Just in case!!

How and how often do you pack your rain gear along??

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
I seldom have any rain gear in the bag. Usually have a jacket in the truck. It helps when we have a cart with doors, windows, and a pull-down cover for the clubs. I've gotten pretty wet during some rounds. But... as long as the lightning isn't crashing in the general vicinity... it's a difficult job to play golf in adverse weather but someone has to do it!!! :>)

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I live in the Pacific Northwest, so I'm always packin' rain gear. I'd be more worried about playing in sub-freezing temperatures... 25°??? No thanks! :p

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
What's that 5mm mean? This is 'murica, ain't gots no time for metrics!! :p That's less than 1/4" (actually, I know shit), shouldn't keep you from playing. When I played, there was a jacket and hat in the car at all times, umbrella on the bag. Gear was always available, but rarely used. If it's going to rain enough for me to put on more than a jacket, I can find something else to do.

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Same here, unless it's a tournament. I've played through a few downpours in tournaments.

Tournaments are really the only reason I even have the rain gear. I’ve played through some pretty rough weather for tournaments or club play.

What's that 5mm mean? This is 'murica, ain't gots no time for metrics!! :p That's less than 1/4" (actually, I know shit), shouldn't keep you from playing. When I played, there was a jacket and hat in the car at all times, umbrella on the bag. Gear was always available, but rarely used. If it's going to rain enough for me to put on more than a jacket, I can find something else to do.

Otherwise I’m totally with MCDavis, I can just as easily find something else to do. I’m of the same school of thought, I have a jacket in my bag, which will easily cover most weather conditions if needed. I just asked because last time we tried there was no rain forecasted and we almost gone blown off the course by a thunderstorm. 40% really shouldn’t happen and 5mm is close enough to a 1/4”. Shouldn’t hamper anything. It’s better to be prepared though no??

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Tournaments are really the only reason I even have the rain gear. I’ve played through some pretty rough weather for tournaments or club play.

Otherwise I’m totally with MCDavis, I can just as easily find something else to do. I’m of the same school of thought, I have a jacket in my bag, which will easily cover most weather conditions if needed. I just asked because last time we tried there was no rain forecasted and we almost gone blown off the course by a thunderstorm. 40% really shouldn’t happen and 5mm is close enough to a 1/4”. Shouldn’t hamper anything. It’s better to be prepared though no??

Rain jacket is all I ever have in my bag. Just in case. But if it’s gonna rain, I usually don’t play.

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
I don’t generally carry rain gear other than an umbrella. Got caught in a nasty storm back in the beginning of June.

Ended up looking like this:

View attachment 32152

And now the Bigfoot avi makes so much sense!! LOL have been watching the weather all week and it’s looking like we may see a sprinkle if any. I’m still packing my jacket though, just in case!!

Last time I’m checking; 30% of 2-4mm aka sweet F all! This guy ain’t gonna melt!!

Last edited:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I live in the Pacific Northwest, so I'm always packin' rain gear. I'd be more worried about playing in sub-freezing temperatures... 25°??? No thanks! :p
It always befuddles me how "delicate" the bodies of these young flat bellies must be. If they let us on the course... we play, no matter the temperature! We've always said the guys who wait out frost delays should have dibs on preferred tee times all year long. Wait! Our group DOES get the preferred tee time every day... seven days/week, :D

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
And now the Bigfoot avi makes so much sense!! LOL have been watching the weather all week and it’s looking like we may see a sprinkle if any. I’m still packing my jacket though, just in case!!

Last time I’m checking; 30% of 2-4mm aka sweet F all! This guy ain’t gonna melt!!

I’m a hairy Sob and my feet, no joke, same size as the molds that are the supposed tracks of Bigfoot!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.