• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

paging Mr. LyleG

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
so, looky here. what do you think?

Canon EOS 1D Mark II N

awww.all_things_photography.com_images_1d_mkii_n.jpg

:cool:

OP
N.V.M.

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
body only. i'm hoping to be able to buy a lens for it one day so i can use it! haha!

OP
N.V.M.

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
just a hobby. i picked up the camera pretty cheap on Craigslist. it appears lenses don't depreciate nearly as bad as cameras though, so even a used lens is going to cost way more than the camera.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Yeah, bodies are cheap(well... comparative).

Glass pretty much lasts forever and is extremely expensive...but good investments assuming the camera manufacturer doesn't change the mounts...which i doubt they would do because that would really screw their customer base.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Nice, I am very curious what a $4900 camera from 2001 goes for in 2010.
Depending on what you are shooting it should still be a very proficient machine. I really like 1/8000 sec shutter speed.
You may want to crank up the in camera sharpening a bit as the early CMOS sensors were very soft with in camera jpegs. Even now they lag behind CCD in terms of crispness at low ISO. Its really too bad they stink at high iso.
Be sure to let us know how it performs once you get a lens for it.

On a related note, have you seen the new Sony translucent mirror, electronic view finder cameras (not the NEX but the a33 and a55)? One entry model is already available, 1 mid level coming in early Oct. and a semi-pro version apparently being revealed at Photokina next week. Amazing technology that could very well change the DSLR world.

Good glass is where its at, dont cheap out. I will gladly pay more for a lens that is sharp, has great tonality and especially bokeh. Bad bokeh is a deal killer for me. This is what I want from all my glass. This lens for example cost a whopping $120 new ;)

ai23.photobucket.com_albums_b399_biglyle2_whatyoulookingat.jpg

OP
N.V.M.

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
this "N' series was produced 2005, mine's dated 2006.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
You've become a children's paparazzo NVM? I see you've made that child actress cry. TMZ, here you come. ;)

OP
N.V.M.

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
they closed down the street a few blocks from me and had some sort of kids fair/picnic thing. they were going nuts for the climbing wall!

OP
N.V.M.

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
so, shameless plug here. although i have'nt done much with the new camera, i've setup a new website and threw a bunch of my older pics on it just to see the layout. can i get your opinion?

Epic Developements

thekid65

Jan 2, 2009
so, shameless plug here. although i have'nt done much with the new camera, i've setup a new website and threw a bunch of my older pics on it just to see the layout. can i get your opinion?

Epic Developements

Actually, pretty nice layout, I like the highlighting mouseover feature on the main picture page. My personal preference would be to just have the picture expand with a click, as opposed to taking you to another page. The only other thing I would change would be to add pictures of some hot babes.

Also, I noted that the text on the picture link page is a bit difficult to read (prior to the mouseover)...needs to be brighter/whiter, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.