• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

PapaD's Custom Golf Shop

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
The single length iron set has intrigued me enough to go ahead and move forward with the Wishon Sterling Single Length set.

As most of you know I'm a total hack at building clubs.

I have elicited the help of Steve of PapaD's Custom Golf Shop to build my next set of sticks.

We ordered:

5 iron: bent to 19 degrees
5 iron: 23 degrees
6 iron: 27 degrees
7 iron: 31 degrees
8 iron: 35 degrees
9 iron: 40 degrees
PW: 45 degrees
GW: 50 degrees
SW: 55 degrees
SW: bent to 59 degrees

These will be 1.5 degrees flat and built to a 36.5" playing length.

They will have FST 125 shafts in them and No1 50 Series Pro grips and will play to a D2 swing weight.

Thank you @PaPaD for all of your help and I can't wait to see how these turn out in June!!!

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
I played a set of 1 Iron Golf Clubs for a few rounds. It is a neat concept. The wedges went higher than normal and the long irons had a flatter trajectory than normal. Not a fix all for poor golf. I did like how the set was a no brainer. If you played them full time, they may make you a little more consistent.

I think they would be of greater benefit to the guy that plays rarely. Same set up. Groove a swing and off you go.

OP
Fairwaysplitter3320

Fairwaysplitter3320

Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
I played a set of 1 Iron Golf Clubs for a few rounds. It is a neat concept. The wedges went higher than normal and the long irons had a flatter trajectory than normal. Not a fix all for poor golf. I did like how the set was a no brainer. If you played them full time, they may make you a little more consistent.

I think they would be of greater benefit to the guy that plays rarely. Same set up. Groove a swing and off you go.
We will see. I wanted to go with the Pinhawk's but the release date kept getting pushed out further and further and the price of used has skyrocketed. Plus the Wishon stuff is top shelf. Excited to give them a go!

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
As of today, the heads, shafts, grips and ferrules are at my house. Bad news is, I'm in Canada now and then PA thru Thurs. Build will happen on the weekend - look for pics of the parts on Friday and clubs on Sunday. Getting psyched. I get to play around with new shit without buying anything!!!

OP
Fairwaysplitter3320

Fairwaysplitter3320

Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
As of today, the heads, shafts, grips and ferrules are at my house. Bad news is, I'm in Canada now and then PA thru Thurs. Build will happen on the weekend - look for pics of the parts on Friday and clubs on Sunday. Getting psyched. I get to play around with new shit without buying anything!!!
giphy.gif

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
You two need to get a room.... A room, of course, equipped with all the tools and equipment a clubmaker could wish for and stocked with the golf inventory of 100 or so PIAS stores!!!:D

🔥 Latest posts