• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

PGA TOUR HIGHLIGHTS: Collin Morikawa Edges Justin Thomas in Sudden-Death Playoff to Win...

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
COLLIN MORIKAWA COLLECTED HIS SECOND PGA Tour victory on Sunday at the Workday Charity Open at Muirfield Village Golf Club in Dublin, Ohio.

It seemed unlikely with three holes to play. Justin Thomas had a three-shot lead after sinking an eagle putt on 15. It was his 10th consecutive one-putt green. But Thomas stumbled to the clubhouse with two bogeys and tied with Morikawa.

The former Cal golfer edged Thomas in a three-hole sudden-death playoff. Morikawa called the late developments "crazy."

Thomas called his finish "completely unacceptable. I'm upset," he said. "I'm disappointed."

Morikawa jumped to 13th in world rankings, nosing ahead of Tiger Woods.

"This is a huge kind of stepping-stone," he said. "We got No. 1 out of the way. We got No. 2. Let the gates just open and let's keep going."

The Workday Charity Open was the first of back-to-back events at Muirfield Village. The Memorial Tournament tees off there on Thursday. Jack Nicklaus will be on hand.

Source: PGA TOUR HIGHLIGHTS: Collin Morikawa Edges Justin Thomas in Sudden-Death Playoff to Win Workday Charity Open

🔥 Latest posts