• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

PGA TOUR Statement: Dustin Johnson Tests Positive for COVID-19 and Withdraws From CJ Cup

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States

PGA TOUR Statement on Dustin Johnson

PGA TOUR member Dustin Johnson has withdrawn from THE CJ CUP @ SHADOW CREEK after testing positive for COVID-19. Experiencing symptoms, Johnson notified PGA TOUR officials and was administered a test, with the positive result forcing his withdrawal from the event.

Johnson, who last competed at the U.S. Open, will have the PGA TOUR's full support throughout his self-isolation period under CDC guidelines.

"Obviously, I am very disappointed," said Johnson. "I was really looking forward to competing this week, but will do everything I can to return as quickly as possible. I have already had a few calls with the TOUR's medical team and appreciate all the support and guidance they have given me."

First alternate J.T. Poston will replace Johnson in the field.

"The No. 1 player in golf is the 11th player to receive a positive test since the PGA Tour resumed its schedule," reported the Associated Press.

Source: PGA TOUR Statement: Dustin Johnson Tests Positive for COVID-19 and Withdraws From CJ Cup

🔥 Latest posts