• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Phil Mickelson and Jim 'Bones' Mackay End 25-Year Player-Caddie Relationship

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States

Phil and Bones have officially split.

It doesn’t get any better than this exchange from 2012. pic.twitter.com/zll38kLHsh

— Skratch (@Skratch) June 20, 2017

IT'S OVER. BOTH RELEASING STATEMENTS, Phil Mickelson and his caddie Jim "Bones" Mackay announced they are moving on from an on-course working relationship that dates back to 1992.

As far as I know, the news comes as a complete surprise to the golf world. It might be more shocking than Brooks Koepka's record performance at the U.S. Open or the DUI for Tiger Woods.

A Phil and Bones breakup? No way. They smiled, they talked and talked and talked, they joked, they seemed like brothers.

"Player-caddie relationships don't often last that long," Mackay said in his statement. "I wish Phil nothing but the best. His game is still at an elite level, and when he wins in the future (definitely the Masters), I will be among the first to congratulate him."

Phil said this: "Our decision is not based on a single incident. We just feel it's the right time for a change. My relationship and history with Bones far exceeds golf. He has been one of the most important and special people in my life since the day we met and I will always be grateful for everything he has done for me."

Mickelson, who just turned 47, will have his brother Tim on the bag for the rest of the season. Lefty's next tournament is The Greenbrier Classic in July.

Source: Phil Mickelson and Jim 'Bones' Mackay End 25-Year Player-Caddie Relationship

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.