• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Pics from the BMW Northwest Charity Skins Game

OP
N

niblick

Jun 13, 2007
Alright gents, I was forced to punt. Our email server at work won't let big attachments through, and my web host was being a punk, so I just put all the vids up on youtube. Just do a search for raindog98546 - there's nine videos up from the event. There's also a vid of my swing from a while back; please disregard that one. :laugh:

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Thanks N for sharing

Where in the World is that course? Looks very nice indeed, how many attended the event?

Isn't Ryan Moore the Walker Cup kid, just turned pro. He is awesome with the flatstick, from what I saw anyway.

Who won?

OP
N

niblick

Jun 13, 2007
Thanks N for sharing

Where in the World is that course? Looks very nice indeed, how many attended the event?

Isn't Ryan Moore the Walker Cup kid, just turned pro. He is awesome with the flatstick, from what I saw anyway.

Who won?

The course is in University Place, just south of Tacoma, Washington. It's really a masterpiece... read more about it here www.chambersbaygolf.com. The USGA is looking at it as a possible US Open venue. I played it once - it's an amazing course. It's been my only experience on a true links layout, and I loved it.

There were about 700 people there. Big turnout for a charity event. The players were remarking about the big crowds.

Yeah, Ryan Moore is a local boy. Had an amazing run as an amateur in 2004 - US Amateur, US Pub Links, Western Amateur, Sahalee Players Championship, NCAA Championship. Walker Cup was 2003. He turned pro and got his card without going to Q school - only the fourth pro ever to do that. He's a stud. I noticed him taking more club than the other fellow at times, but he played great.

Aaron Baddeley won the most skins, followed by Bubba Watson. It was amazing to watch the guys hit it 300 yards on a rope, and then watch Bubba hit it 30 yards past them.

toofless

Oct 11, 2007
I was there too! What a great show for $20 huh? I'd have to agree, that pic of Putnam's downswing looks weird, but in real life he has a very orthodox, smooth swing with power. This was my first time watching Pro golfers in person and man it was surreal. I was less than 5 feet away from the guy who was leading the US Open going into Sunday (Baddeley)... Really good time, I've got some pics too if anybody's interested.

I'll be playing Chambers this winter for sure, what an amazing course...

OP
N

niblick

Jun 13, 2007
I was there too! What a great show for $20 huh? I'd have to agree, that pic of Putnam's downswing looks weird, but in real life he has a very orthodox, smooth swing with power. This was my first time watching Pro golfers in person and man it was surreal. I was less than 5 feet away from the guy who was leading the US Open going into Sunday (Baddeley)... Really good time, I've got some pics too if anybody's interested.

I'll be playing Chambers this winter for sure, what an amazing course...

Let's see those pics!

toofless

Oct 11, 2007
Apparently I can't link to my hosted image until I have 15 posts? :real angry:

toofless

Oct 11, 2007
Managed an attachment :)
niceHole800x600.jpg

🔥 Latest posts