• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Pics of a pleasant surprise

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
I posted a story on GR about paying $35 for a 1960s era set of forged MacGregor blades, more or less just for charity. The pleasant surprise was when I actually played them as a lark. This is one serious set of tools. If you've ever played the Zuno MP14s, you'll have an idea of the feel of these. Bravo, as promised-- the (very) ugly sticks...!
PICT0064.JPG
PICT0065.JPG

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Very interesting.

The seem to have a bit of a cavity back element to them.

Don't you think??

OP
bdcrowe

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Maybe so. I definitely noticed the "cavity", split muscle or whatever but viewed them as blades. They do play sweet. I'm looking forward to your impressions when you hit them. Or should I bring pretty clubs when I come to your course? ;)

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Bring one - bring all when we tee it up. While I play with 14 - I could care less what anybody else plays with.

I want to hit them on the range for awhile...

Warmer weather on the way. Supposed to be in the upper 60's on Sunday.

Soon the grass will start greening up....

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Teh master thought I was joking when I told him howto take care of sky marks.

A stiff buffing wheel and a stick of jewler's rouge and those sticks will shine like fecking mirrors, it will take out all the minor scratches as well.

OP
bdcrowe

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
I'll have to see if I can get my hands on some o that. I've also heard that toothpaste works well.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
A rouge is also when you punt the ball through the endzone for a single in Canadian football. Just FYI.

I have a friend that carries those very clubs. Hilarious! They used to be his dad's way back when, i really didn't like the feel of them. Regular shafts, low trajectory.....bleh...

I carry 16 clubs in my bag when not in tournaments. Is that cool? ;)

R35

OP
bdcrowe

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
16 would only confuse me. I have to stick to 14.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
That extra 2 makes me crazy sometimes.

7 iron, or wedge?

I'm going wedge. Right over that be-atch.

60* or 56*?

60 degree.

But what about the 7 iron? ;)

R35

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
rockford35 said:
That extra 2 makes me crazy sometimes.

7 iron, or wedge?

I'm going wedge. Right over that be-atch.

60* or 56*?

60 degree.

But what about the 7 iron? ;)

R35

Most players at our place are pretty straight up people...

But there is one retired guy who has always reminded me of Rodney Dangerfield....Loud clothes, Loud mouth..always horsing around...

I saw his bag once and it was almost the size of Rodney's in Caddyshack. I was surprised it would fit in a cart.

I counted 25 clubs in there - nine woods alone....

This will be you one day Rock.

Retired up on the Canadian prarie - with 25 clubs in your bag - a couple of which look like hockey sticks.... :faintthud

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
So how many sets you got now?

Good ole Bagger Vance, eh? I'll bet he bought a few bottles of Mad Dog 20/20 with the cash, right. :faintthud

Any pics of the shafts?

OP
bdcrowe

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Let's just say, "More than one". I can get some pics of the shafts up.

I seriously hope that an introduction to the 20/20 was not the high point of your US visit. Or better yet, please tell me that it is not a multinatiional product.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
bdcrowe said:
Let's just say, "More than one". I can get some pics of the shafts up.

I seriously hope that an introduction to the 20/20 was not the high point of your US visit. Or better yet, please tell me that it is not a multinatiional product.

A disasterous summer working on the boardwalks of Seaside Heights in NJ in 1989 was only compensated by the availablility and price of MD 20/20. I can still tatse the delicate fruit flavours of Grape and Lime as my fellow Irishmen and I glugged our way through gallons of the stuff, b4 hitting the bars. That was when fake ID worked, yippee.

Imagine my surprise and excitement as I found it had made it's way to these Irish shores. Now available for most discerning Irish tramps and alcos.

A day without alcohol is like a day without sunshine. Move over Bagger.

PS Next time you see him ask him for an R7 with a Fujikura shaft, offer him a six pack and $10. ;)

OP
bdcrowe

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Your earlier inuendo concerning the number of clubs in the Crowe household prohibits my aquisition of anything else, even an R7. I think I have exceeded even my own limits on club ownership. Maybe I'll outfit the local high school golf team and start over...

Also, my prediction that the sale of Irish pain medicine will go up immediately following the availability of 20/20. It's been my experience that 2 alka seltzers dropped directly into the bottle of MD is a viable head-start on fighting the inevitable hangover. Just a thought...

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online