• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Pin In or Out?

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
United States United States
On habit alone, I’m a pin out guy, I see the hole better, and I just have a better ‘make mentality’ with it out. Also the thing they didn’t do was account at all for skilled putters who ‘die the ball at the hole’ like I do. I only hit it hard enough to put it a couple inches past the hole if I miss, unless it’s a shorter one I’m trying to take the break out of. I think they’re approach to the types of putts they’re hitting is a bit flawed

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Took a while for our geezer group to fall into a routine satisfactory for all. Now, the pin stays in for everything down to the 3-footers and under. Still a mixed bag for those short ones. I just leave it in. Others want it out for the really short putts.
Sure has sped up play by being able to leave the pin in. Of course, we are known as the NASCAR group since we flat fly around the course.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
If you weren't such a shitty putter you wouldn't need the pin. :p
The practice green was closed and my first putt of the day was about 45". The other time was a 40" putt on the 3rd green. By then I got the speed down. Got a T5 in the tourney.

thegolfclubdoc

Nov 9, 2018
Country
I missed a par putt today because the pin was in. So mad.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

🔥 Latest posts