• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Pin In or Out?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Recent observations: Hearing the flagstick blamed for keeping the putt out of the hole. In some cases, the flagstick is an inanimate object, easy to retaliate against for a missed putt. Even if the putt nicks the stick and seems to glance away, how do we know it wouldn't have rimmed out anyway? How many years have we chipped from off the green, leaving the stick in? Some chips go in. Some don't. One of our geezers blamed the flagstick, today, for kicking his putt out of the hole. Sheesh! Tough for a ball rolling about the speed limit on the Autobahn to go in even an 8" diameter hole with no flagstick!
For the most part, I still like it left in. My old eyes certainly appreciate the assistance in visual clarity.

thegolfclubdoc

Nov 9, 2018
Country
Recent observations: Hearing the flagstick blamed for keeping the putt out of the hole. In some cases, the flagstick is an inanimate object, easy to retaliate against for a missed putt. Even if the putt nicks the stick and seems to glance away, how do we know it wouldn't have rimmed out anyway? How many years have we chipped from off the green, leaving the stick in? Some chips go in. Some don't. One of our geezers blamed the flagstick, today, for kicking his putt out of the hole. Sheesh! Tough for a ball rolling about the speed limit on the Autobahn to go in even an 8" diameter hole with no flagstick!
For the most part, I still like it left in. My old eyes certainly appreciate the assistance in visual clarity.
I see what you are saying. But I had an uphill putt and it hit the flagstick square and stayed out. I don't believe that an uphill putt like that would have bounced out of the hole while going right down the middle of the hole.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Uh, no. When Phil says you have a 30% (or whatever it was) better chance of holing a chip with the pin out, seems like that would translate to putts as well.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Uh, no. When Phil says you have a 30% (or whatever it was) better chance of holing a chip with the pin out, seems like that would translate to putts as well.
How does Phil know this? DeChambeau probably says the opposite, and we all know who put more statistical math into it.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Phil's short game guru Dave Pelz disagrees with him.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I willing to die on this hill, fuckers.

tenor.gif

🔥 Latest posts

Members online