• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Pinemeadow Golf Clubs - Any Good?

K

KCWolfPck

I am an amature golfer who hasn't played in a few years. I am getting ready to get back on the course and need some new clubs. When I used to play a lot, I'd score in the lower 90's/upper 80's....so I'm not that good. I'm looking for bang for the buck and found the subject website(pinemeadowgolf.com). It seems they have great reviews and a 30 day money back guarantee.

I am looking at the clubs that are similar in characteristics to the Ping G2 set. I check the specs and it seems that the clubheads are made out of the same material, same, lofts, same lie, and they can be ordered with Aldila/Grafalloy shafts, and Lamkin/Golf Pride grips. They will also custom build your clubs (i.e. length of shaft, lie alterations).

This seems like a pretty good deal to me. My question is, does anyone here have any experience with these clubs? Are they all they are hyped up to be? Has anyone tested them up against the clubs they are similar to?

Thanks a lot!

KCWolfPck

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
Haven't tried them, but since some of us build clubs from various components, you can't go wrong with them. Every clubhead is more about the same. What's important is the shaft they put in.

OP
K

KCWolfPck

Thank you for the reply Loop. That is kind of how I was thinking. Another thing I was wondering though....if it's such a good deal, why have a never heard of them before recently? It also doesn't seem that many use them as it is impossible to find any reviews from places other than their website. I am also unable to find unbiased comparisons with their "real" counterpart. Basically, I am a believe of "if it's too good to be true" and "you get what you pay for". But at the stage I am at, these seem like they should be just fine. If I continue to play a lot and get to the point where a name branded club will be noticibly better, then I will pay the price for brand name clubs.

Are there any other places where I can find reviews of these clubs other than the manufacturers website? Any website that compared clones to real clubs?

Thanks again.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
You are unlikely to find any reviews of Pinemeadow clubs because they are "knockoffs" of "proline" designs.

I am not a fan of knockoffs for a variety of reasons which I will not detail here - in the interest of brevity.

I would earnestly suggest your consideration of Tommy Armour 845 irons as they are very inexpensive and a fine proline club that will have resale value on the market when you want to transition to something else. I don't think you could get more than $40-50 for used Pinemeadows...

You could obtain a new set of these for about $200. They are well respected and you will have no problems whatsoever reading numerous reviews of them at various sites.

OP
K

KCWolfPck

Thanks Bravo...I will look into these. If they are game improvement type irons (low CG, wide sole, progressive offset) and can be had in graphite stiff with a good brand name shaft and grip all for $200 new....I will definitely consider them. Off to read reviews now.

igneous

Mar 24, 2005
definitely look into the 845u's, I've seen them around with graphite shafts before. Ive heard really mixed reviews about the pinemeadow golf clubs.

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
a buddy of mine bought a set of Tommy Armour 845 Evos last season for $250-$300.he loves them.i actualy hit his 4 iron the other day and they have a nice feel.i would recomend them over any knock-offs.

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
I actually came across a set of PMG clubs at the driving range last year one day at the same time as I was looking at getting PMG clubs instead of forking out the big bucks for "real brand name" clubs.

The guy had just received a set of the Acer XP irons that were like the X16s. He let me hit them and they felt nice. I think that if I had firmly decided on a specific set of clubs, I may have ended up going the PMG route, as I'm a 90-100 golfer and couldn't justify spending more money than necessary.

Also, I hit his driver (I think it was the Big Bertha clone??) and POUNDED it. I hit it further than probably anything I've ever hit with my own equipment. It hit the middle of the net about 270 yards out, so I'm guessing it carried about 300 or so. Maybe that was because of the regular shaft where I normally play a stiff, but either way, I launched it.

In short, having hit the PMG clubs, I think they're reasonable for the price.

That being said, I bought a kickin set of Mizuno MX-23s on ebay for about $326 USD and love them more than anything I could have ever bought from PMG.

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
I actually own a set of the Acer XP Pro irons and was very happy with them. They are a great quality club and are still in my friend's bag. I gave them to him after a swing revamp that took me the route of non-offset blades. But you'll find little difference between them and the Callie X16 pro-- which would lead to the problems that Bravo understandably has with them. With all that said, my everyday irons are Tommy Armour blades, which are the best club I've ever owned. I also owned the classic Tommy Armour 845s SilverScot, which I also loved. You'll be hard pressed to find better irons than the 845s, perios-- much less bang-for-the-buck. I (not so much any more) build component clubs, and would still recommend the TA 845 route.

🔥 Latest posts