• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ping Eye 2 tip diameter

RLGC

Nov 21, 2006
Hello everyone......hope this is the right place to post this....looking to get my wife into the game....I have a set of Ping Eye 2's that I thought would be good for her, but I was thinking of reshafting them with graphite. Anyone know what tip diameter shaft fits these clubs?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
ALL Ping irons left the factory with .355 taper tips. Unless a home hobbyist has bored them out, that is what you should have. Keep in mind, the Eye 2's most all were fairly light swingweight from the factory. C8 to C9 was common... with the stock steel shaft. If you go to a lightweight graphite, the swingweight will drop even lighter. The clubs could be pretty unweildy if they ended up in the C3 tgo C4 range.

There are some complete sets of lady's clubs, perfect for beginners, that would probably set you back less than the cost of reshafting the Pings. The way Pings retain their value, you might even be able to ebay the Pings for more than a practical set of lady's clubs would cost.

OP
RLGC

RLGC

Nov 21, 2006
ALL Ping irons left the factory with .355 taper tips. Unless a home hobbyist has bored them out, that is what you should have. Keep in mind, the Eye 2's most all were fairly light swingweight from the factory. C8 to C9 was common... with the stock steel shaft. If you go to a lightweight graphite, the swingweight will drop even lighter. The clubs could be pretty unweildy if they ended up in the C3 tgo C4 range.

There are some complete sets of lady's clubs, perfect for beginners, that would probably set you back less than the cost of reshafting the Pings. The way Pings retain their value, you might even be able to ebay the Pings for more than a practical set of lady's clubs would cost.

This is the kind of advice I was looking for......thanks for the reply.....do you know of any good sets of beginner clubs off the top of your head.....I was looking at this set to maybe start her off with http://www.tgw.com/customer/category/product.jsp?SUBCATEGORY_ID=6387 what do you think?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
This is the kind of advice I was looking for......thanks for the reply.....do you know of any good sets of beginner clubs off the top of your head.....I was looking at this set to maybe start her off with http://www.tgw.com/customer/category/product.jsp?SUBCATEGORY_ID=6387 what do you think?

Metal woods, hybrid long irons, perimeter weighted mid and short irons, a sand wedge, and putter all for $139... including bag???? Something like that would be a great starter set. If, in a couple of years, she has taken to the game and wants to upgrade, so be it. But, if this is a passing fad that goes away, you haven't taken a second mortagage to do so.

She may well do better with something "new" and "pretty" vs. a reshafted set of your "throw-a-ways". Even though we may feel the Pings are a superior club, perception is so much with how well one takes to the game. Good luck!!!!

OP
RLGC

RLGC

Nov 21, 2006
"perception is so much with how well one takes to the game."

You hit the nail on the head with this one......the only thing I can see her not liking about the clubs is the color....she wants pink clubs....to her the color is most important......haha....thanks for the advice!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
"perception is so much with how well one takes to the game."

You hit the nail on the head with this one......the only thing I can see her not liking about the clubs is the color....she wants pink clubs....to her the color is most important......haha....thanks for the advice!

LOL...this brought back a good memory from when I was trying to get my wife into the game. She had come with me to a local pro shop and saw a set of lady callaways that had a hint of purple in the shafts. These irons of course were around $1200. I told her we could go to Dick's and check out some other clubs. When we got there she took a quick look around and decided that Dick's had nothing she was interested in, when I asked her why she said she wanted clubs with Purple shafts and there weren't any here...just thought i'd share that little story.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
LOL...this brought back a good memory from when I was trying to get my wife into the game. She had come with me to a local pro shop and saw a set of lady callaways that had a hint of purple in the shafts. These irons of course were around $1200. I told her we could go to Dick's and check out some other clubs. When we got there she took a quick look around and decided that Dick's had nothing she was interested in, when I asked her why she said she wanted clubs with Purple shafts and there weren't any here...just thought i'd share that little story.

Wasn't there a book "Men are from Mars, Women from Venus"? Even after 40 years of marriage to the sweetest lady in the world... they just don't think straight!!! LOL If my wife wanted to take up the game of golf I could order a $1,000 set of Callaway Fusions set up exactly to her specs and she wouldn't have a clue as to why they would be as good as a set of Dunlops from KMart... if the Dunlops were "prettier". On the other hand, I could never pick up a crochet hook and make the beautiful things she does. We simply have to remember the rest of the world may not be quite as "teched" as we addicts/nuts who live and breath this glorius game of golf.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.