• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ping G25 Driver review

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Well, I finally gave it a good test. It was 70 and windy today so I thought I'd better try it now since the temps are supposed to drop in the 40's for at least a week. I didn't adjust anything, and mostly hit a fade, but that's my usual flight when I'm playing well, so that was good. Gained a few yards distance over the i20, so that was good. It's very forgiving and feels great when you hit it good. The sound is good. I'm very happy with it. Buy one, you'll like it.

OP
sssmokin

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
Here's some pics. I might have put these in already..........can't remember. Ping 001.JPG

Attachments

• Ping 003.JPG
    Ping 003.JPG
    287.3 KB · Views: 109
  • Ping 004.JPG
    Ping 004.JPG
    406.1 KB · Views: 108
  • Ping 005.JPG
    Ping 005.JPG
    317 KB · Views: 114
  • Ping 006.JPG
    Ping 006.JPG
    421.1 KB · Views: 111

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
They say the new i25 is a bomber, sort of a hybrid between the G25 and the Anser driver. The i25 has the Ping shaft adapter and will use shafts from the G25 and/or the Anser.
The first "i" or numbered series to have adjustability with Ping was the "25 series". Up until the G25/i25, only the Anser had that option.

OP
sssmokin

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
Just ordered a Project X 5.5 shaft for the G25, like I have in the i20. The Ping TFC R was just too whippy, and I was hitting a slice instead of my usual soft fade. Tried closing the face which controlled the slice, but lost distance doing that. Otherwise, I think the G25 is gonna be a good friend for me.

OP
sssmokin

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
I played today with the i20 driver (with the Project X 5.5 shaft like I ordered for the G25) and I hit it straight and long (well, for me). Felt great. Can't wait to get the new shaft for the G25.

Last edited:

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
Man I have at least two 5.5s uncut that i probably wont use. Let me know if you are gonna put one in your 3w or whatever.

OP
sssmokin

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
Man I have at least two 5.5s uncut that i probably wont use. Let me know if you are gonna put one in your 3w or whatever.
Thanks, but I already have one in the 3 wood (well, 6.0). And I had to get the shaft with the adaptor and grip on from Ping for the driver. But maybe WBL could use one in his putter..........lol. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm......maybe I could use them in my 2 hybrids. What are you asking for them?

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
Thanks, but I already have one in the 3 wood (well, 6.0). And I had to get the shaft with the adaptor and grip on from Ping for the driver. But maybe WBL could use one in his putter..........lol. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm......maybe I could use them in my 2 hybrids. What are you asking for them?
No these are 335s and hybrids need 370. No way you want that much twist on a hybrid.

Price less for two and more for singles. I am dumping all my reg and firm flex graphite shafts. I will make a post for it. I was gonna spend the afternnon drinking beer and putting stuff on ebay anyway.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.