• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ping Peeps

ChrisLyons

Feb 5, 2013
Owingsville,Ky
Country
United States United States
I used to have a few guns. My favorite was a government issue 45 acp. It was stainless with rosewood handles. I also had a Ruger P-89 9mm for my carry gun when I had my concealed carry license. The gun that was most accurate and fun to shoot was a Ruger .22 long rifle target pistol with 10 inch slab side bull barrel. I like to shoot but my dad always seemed to talk me out of my pistols when I was hard up for money and he would trade them for something he wanted. Poor money management on my part and shrewd tactics on Pops part I suppose.

OP
subsonic

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Rugers are great weapons. They are engineered like Pings. May not always be the prettiest but they shoot well.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Rugers are great weapons. They are engineered like Pings. May not always be the prettiest but they shoot well.
Probably never a more reliable .22 LR semi-auto handgun than the Ruger. I knew many trappers, hunters, etc. who carried those for years to dispatch everything from rabbits to raccoons. I always thought the Super Blackhawks were one of the best single actions around. That's why I had the .41 Mag dies from my RCBS press. Had a Super Blackhawk .41 Mag. The .44 S&W Model 29 was easier on you to shoot, though. The Super Blackhawk would try to separate your thumb from the rest of your hand if you got lazy.

Colt, of course, was the pioneer of single action revolvers. And, the 1911 .45 ACP's are classics. How many knockoffs were there of the 1911 Colt?? Seemed as the industry transitioned to double action revolvers, S&W sort of took over from Colt. Not a lot of law enforcement personnel carried the 1911's due to the "cocked and locked" carry took out a few knees before replacement joints were popular!! :>) Today, the revolver is nothing but a fond memory. Glock, etc. has become so much technologically advanced for law enforcement and personal protection.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I thought this thread was about Ping golf clubs. Why are we talking about guns?

Full disclosure, I could make it through Limps first long post in this thread, or any after that so it's possible I missed something. ;)

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Guns are rad! Here's my new toy, built by me from parts kits from Palmetto State Armory:

ImageUploadedByShot Talk1420942835.882934.jpg

ImageUploadedByShot Talk1420942855.115382.jpg

ImageUploadedByShot Talk1420942870.000756.jpg

Ok...back to Pings. :D

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
I was a Ping guys for awhile, then Srixon, Taylormade, Bridgestone, Callaway...well you name it AND that was all in a season. SERIOUS club ho! But I've finally settled in nicely with my Titleists.

🔥 Latest posts