• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ping Peeps

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
I've played pretty well with my G20's. When I picked them up used, I knew they were too upright. (Green dot.) But, I adjusted and got along. This past week, I "benched" them and put the Zing 2's in the bag. The Zing 2's are blue dot. I don't know what the deal is, but the Zing 2's have turned in a stellar performance. Three rounds... three days... highest score was an 81. Now, I'm fully convinced to send the G20's back to Ping and have them flattened. In no hurry, though. The Zing 2's aren't going anywhere.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
I've played pretty well with my G20's. When I picked them up used, I knew they were too upright. (Green dot.) But, I adjusted and got along. This past week, I "benched" them and put the Zing 2's in the bag. The Zing 2's are blue dot. I don't know what the deal is, but the Zing 2's have turned in a stellar performance. Three rounds... three days... highest score was an 81. Now, I'm fully convinced to send the G20's back to Ping and have them flattened. In no hurry, though. The Zing 2's aren't going anywhere.

Or you could pull a "PapaD" and just sell the G20's because you KNOW the ZING 2's are superior. ;)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Or you could pull a "PapaD" and just sell the G20's because you KNOW the ZING 2's are superior. ;)
The only option I would consider besides sending them to Ping to have them flattened would be to trade them for a set with regular shafts. Again, in no hurry to do anything.

OP
subsonic

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008

I have problems with the thick soles that were used on some of the G series. I get along better with the thin soles on the earlier ping irons.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
hogan.jpg
I have problems with the thick soles that were used on some of the G series. I get along better with the thin soles on the earlier ping irons.
You're probably not quite old enough to remember the "Hogan Magnum" irons. Those were the ultimate in WIDE soles. They were a cheap casting and felt like you were hitting rocks with them.

OP
subsonic

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
View attachment 26186
You're probably not quite old enough to remember the "Hogan Magnum" irons. Those were the ultimate in WIDE soles. They were a cheap casting and felt like you were hitting rocks with them.

Damn...

Limpy- What was it like to play golf with Old Tom?

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.