• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ping Peeps

OP
subsonic

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Limpy translation- All Ping irons good in different ways.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
If you've never played Ping's "player" clubs you should try them. I played a set of S59's for a few years. Thin top line and real confidence builder at address. When you flush them (and you know it) you can expect that shot to be ON the pin. Last few years I didn't play enough to do them justice so got my current set.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
The ZINGs behaved well today. They still hold their place in the bag and might be worthy of a regrip. After a 2nd 18 hole round on these, The KT-M shafts seem to feel and fly about the same as the ZZ-Lite.

Last edited:

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I'm sad to say my BeCu ping eye2+ irons might be getting the flick...
Have the urge to purchase something new, and these are the sale I need for the money lol.
Wilson ci11 irons have once again caught my mind and this time I'm gonna follow through with it.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I'm sad to say my BeCu ping eye2+ irons might be getting the flick...
Have the urge to purchase something new, and these are the sale I need for the money lol.
Wilson ci11 irons have once again caught my mind and this time I'm gonna follow through with it.
From an "old man's" perspective.... I can look back and wonder why I ever got rid of my '56 Chevy or my '59 Chevy or my '69 Chevelle SS. Why in the world did I trade in that Dalehead Anser that would probably bring $500 today? Why? Why? Why?

Some day you will, too, look back and wonder why you made certain decisions in life. The Wilson irons may be fantasic. Those irons may hold the "magic" that will completely turn your game around. You buy the Wilsons and the next day you won't be able to get half what you paid for them as trade value. Every day you continue to keep the BeCu Eye 2+ irons, they will gain value. If you never hit the Eye 2 irons again, some day a son or son-in-law will find them and thank you for keeping them. Some day you will look back and say, "I'm sure glad I didn't dump those irons back in 2015!"

If you want the Wilsons, borrow the money before dumping the BeCu Pings. But then, that old '56 Chevy would have been difficult to garage for all these years... even though it would be worth a small fortune today.

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Well said old timer...
I did think about that last night. And feel I have other bits and pieces I could/should probably sell instead of the ping irons.

OP
subsonic

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Swagger Alert: Hey guys! Check out my Pings.

Nerd Alert: Hey Fellas! CHeck out my nifty Wilsons.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Swagger Alert: Hey guys! Check out my Pings.

Nerd Alert: Hey Fellas! CHeck out my nifty Wilsons.

Wilson is making a new push. Their demo van was at our local dealer last month for a one-day marketing hype-demo thingy and the full-court press was on. The owner of the shop was touting their BS - longer, higher, straighter, better feel!!! I think all these clubs are good and all the crap they promise is BS. It's an enigma.............

OP
subsonic

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Wilson making a push? To clear out the impacted poo in their system?

They clubs look like donkey...

🔥 Latest posts

Members online