• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ping Peeps

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Eye 2's... 3-LW??? And, you're not jumping on them? The Eye 2 SW and LW are worth more than your set of Tittys!! Pull up ebay from your favorites. Put Ping Eye 2 into the search bar. Click on the 3-LW set. Hit "Buy now". Be happy forever more!!!! Do it... Do it... Do it................;)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Just posted on the "What did you buy today" thread that I just picked up a set of Zing 2's. Pristine... 3-PW, blue dot. I have a matching S2 and LW to round out the set.
Have always had a sweet spot for the Zing 2 series. Regretted sending my last set off with the boy over 10 years ago. But... it's not that I've lacked Pings to play.
Shot the lowest round of my life a few weeks ago with the G20's. But, just have never "cozied up" to irons with medalions in the cavity. Like the "nude" look in irons. Also, the G20's have the CFS shaft in 'S' flex. I can handle these, but as the age continues to creep up I get shorter and shorter with stiff shafts. Really wanted to pick up the set of Eye 2+ irons I've been watching. The main reason I didn't was the KT shaft is quite stiff. The original "red" JZ was supposed to be a light 'S', but many thought it was closer to an 'R' flex. Karsten did put out a few Zings, late in the series, with the blue 'R' flex JZ. It was really weak for even an 'R' flex and has way too much torque for a steel shaft. I should be able to handle the JZ once I "really get old"!!!!
Not ready to dump the G20's just yet. I now have the Eye 2+ BeCu, 3-LW, or the Zing 2, 3-LW to choose from as I play. If the Zing 2's bring back the magic from old times, the G20's may just find themselves back on some store's shelf looking for a young flat-belly to bag them.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Eye 2's... 3-LW??? And, you're not jumping on them? The Eye 2 SW and LW are worth more than your set of Tittys!! Pull up ebay from your favorites. Put Ping Eye 2 into the search bar. Click on the 3-LW set. Hit "Buy now". Be happy forever more!!!! Do it... Do it... Do it................;)
seriously tempted, theyre quite inexpensive...

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Have a bad round with a set of "today's" irons in the bag and those in the group say, "He tried to buy himself a game."
Have a good round with a set of "today's" irons in the bag and those in the group say, "He bought his game."
Have a great round with a set of 20+ year old clubs in the bag and those in the group say, "Wow! He's got game!"

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
And BigJim's got that set of taper tip shafts just wanting a home... like in a nice set of Eye 2's!!!!!
And it all comes together!

Truth be told, I wouldn't mind another set of i3's. I'm holding out to see what the new Hogans will look like.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country

^^^^^^ this

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Just posted on the "What did you buy today" thread that I just picked up a set of Zing 2's. Pristine... 3-PW, blue dot. I have a matching S2 and LW to round out the set.
Have always had a sweet spot for the Zing 2 series. Regretted sending my last set off with the boy over 10 years ago. But... it's not that I've lacked Pings to play.
Shot the lowest round of my life a few weeks ago with the G20's. But, just have never "cozied up" to irons with medalions in the cavity. Like the "nude" look in irons. Also, the G20's have the CFS shaft in 'S' flex. I can handle these, but as the age continues to creep up I get shorter and shorter with stiff shafts. Really wanted to pick up the set of Eye 2+ irons I've been watching. The main reason I didn't was the KT shaft is quite stiff. The original "red" JZ was supposed to be a light 'S', but many thought it was closer to an 'R' flex. Karsten did put out a few Zings, late in the series, with the blue 'R' flex JZ. It was really weak for even an 'R' flex and has way too much torque for a steel shaft. I should be able to handle the JZ once I "really get old"!!!!
Not ready to dump the G20's just yet. I now have the Eye 2+ BeCu, 3-LW, or the Zing 2, 3-LW to choose from as I play. If the Zing 2's bring back the magic from old times, the G20's may just find themselves back on some store's shelf looking for a young flat-belly to bag them.

DIBS!!!

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
BUY THEM NOW!!! BEST STIX EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
^^^^^^ this
3605791.jpg

OP
subsonic

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
No $hit! I think papaD is getting ready to code on us.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online