• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ping Peeps

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
United States United States
Is this code for "gotta ask SWMBO"???? Pat her on the backside. Tell her, "Honey, it's your job to have the kids. It's my job to have the clubs. My job is much more difficult because I have lots of clubs to choose from. You get whatever kid pops out and we're stuck with them!" I'm sure that will gain you quick permission to grab this great deal on the Pings!!!:p

yeah, that'll work................:rolleyes:

OP
subsonic

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Not everyone is pu55y whipped papaD!;)

Limp flexes the PING PIMP HAND!:devil::ninja::poop::alien::poop::oops::eek::poop::poop::confused::mad:

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
It was code for coaching my kids basketball team and I have to run around with a bunch of 11 year olds and try and keep up for 90 minutes. Glad I've dropped 39 lbs over the last 4 months.

Now...back to the clubs. Any one want AP1 heads 4-gw? I like the shafts I have, I'll make you. Hell of a deal. PM me if interested. The Vokeys will be on the market as well. Mixing hybrids? A few putters, you get the deal. I'm going to list everything in the classifieds tomorrow. :D

Fairwaysplitter3320

Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Is this code for "gotta ask SWMBO"???? Pat her on the backside. Tell her, "Honey, it's your job to have the kids. It's my job to have the clubs. My job is much more difficult because I have lots of clubs to choose from. You get whatever kid pops out and we're stuck with them!" I'm sure that will gain you quick permission to grab this great deal on the Pings!!!:p
Swmbo is getting a house built for her, she can suck it! :D

I'm asking my wallet.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
It was code for coaching my kids basketball team and I have to run around with a bunch of 11 year olds and try and keep up for 90 minutes. Glad I've dropped 39 lbs over the last 4 months.

Now...back to the clubs. Any one want AP1 heads 4-gw? I like the shafts I have, I'll make you. Hell of a deal. PM me if interested. The Vokeys will be on the market as well. Mixing hybrids? A few putters, you get the deal. I'm going to list everything in the classifieds tomorrow. :D
Down 39, nice! Just from cycling?

Fairwaysplitter3320

Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Ok ping guys. I've overused the inner webs and apparently the + no + are the most sought after, then the originals, and finally the +. Do I have this right? Does it make a difference other than for hipster street cred?

Like I said found 3-lw, would pull the shafts and put in project x's, love that shaft. Those are the originals eye 2's.

Then I found heads only 3-pw. Also found lw head only and matching sw. Would only need to pull the sw shaft, slap the new shafts in and done. Those are the eye 2 +.

$4 difference either way. Thoughts???

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country

I understand the allure of the Eye 2's and of course the allure of new sticks, but I thought you were in love with the AP1's. Don't let these newbs steer you to the dark side.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Ok ping guys. I've overused the inner webs and apparently the + no + are the most sought after, then the originals, and finally the +. Do I have this right? Does it make a difference other than for hipster street cred?

Like I said found 3-lw, would pull the shafts and put in project x's, love that shaft. Those are the originals eye 2's.

Then I found heads only 3-pw. Also found lw head only and matching sw. Would only need to pull the sw shaft, slap the new shafts in and done. Those are the eye 2 +.

$4 difference either way. Thoughts???
Karsten's Eye 2 line had huge success. As the series was running its course, the litigation with the PGA over groove spacing was initiated. Karsten already had the molds in place for the "new and improved" Eye 2 design. So, he began producing the "new" version. The new Eye 2 was exactly what would later be the "+".
There were only a few of the "new" Eye 2 maufactured before the settlement with the PGA. At that time, the existing grooves were grandfathered in for a time, but Karsten agreed to not manufacture any more irons with the non-conforming grooves. He changed the groove pattern in the molds, leaving the "new" Eye 2 clubhead the same. And, he added a "+" in the cavity that would show the clubs had the conforming grooves. Those few sets produced before the settlement were the "+" design, but with the non-conforming grooves. They did not have the "+" in the cavity. Hence, the "+ no +" nickname.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.