• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ping Refurbish

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
So, I just looked at a set of Eye 2's on eBay. The seller states that he had them sent back to Ping to be refurbished by them. They looked like the were brand new. The finish, the paint, etching etc, was all near perfect.

I know they do this, but guess I never knew how well it worked. Anybody know what they charge for that?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
I've seen numerous sets that Ping has refurbished. Each set came back to the customer in like-new condition. It is amazing the job they do. As far as cost, check out the customer support section of Pings website. They may give you an idea of cost on the site. If not, they are quick to respond to e-mails from the site.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I must say, I am blown away. I sent them 2 emails today, one at 10AM EST and one at Noon. They responded to both emails within 30 minutes. The cost is $17.75 per club for the refurbish.

I am now on the lookout for a set of Ping I3 blades, simply amazed at their customer service!

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Didn't you just buy some McGregors that are God's gift to irons? You are hopeless man. You need to start going to your H.A. meetings again. You're inventing reasons to ho now. Next thing you know you'll be pawning family members couches for wedges.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Couches? What couches? :)

Golfanatic

Feb 22, 2012
I must say, I am blown away. I sent them 2 emails today, one at 10AM EST and one at Noon. They responded to both emails within 30 minutes. The cost is $17.75 per club for the refurbish.

I am now on the lookout for a set of Ping I3 blades, simply amazed at their customer service!
Thats pretty cool.
A couple of the clubs in this set could use a little cleaning up.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Like they just rolled off the factory floor.
Pings don't EVER "roll". They walk proudly, respectie of their heritage!! :cool:
That is a good looking set in your link. They do have the Brunswick Microtaper shafts. To me, the Microtapers always felt like a piece of galvanized pipe. But... I've always been a wusss.....

Golfanatic

Feb 22, 2012
Seriously! This listing is the one that got me thinking about it. These irons rolled off the line in 1989 and they look brand new!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270981704223?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Very nice looking.

I'd like to ask a question about these Eye2's in general.
I read that they were the forerunner for 'swing correction' type clubs, or something to that effect.
Ive noticed that with all my other clubs that I can hit straight shots or slight draws with my normal swing and grip, but with these Eye2's my normal swing and grip can very easily turn into a serious hook.

Do the Eye2's try to correct for a slice or fade ? They seem VERY beefed up on the toe area, even compared to the Eye2 clones I have (which I hit straight with normal my swing and grip).
Its not a huge deal, I can hit them straight, I just notice that I have to weaken my grip a noticeable amount with the Eye2's compared to every other club I own.
:)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Eye 2's have quite a bit of offset. The accepted thought is that significant offset contributes to drawing... or hooking... the ball. I've played offset Pings for years and know it still takes work to hit a fade. Today, if I get "greedy", I can hook the snot out of my Eye 2+ irons. That said, I love being able to draw/hook the ball around trouble. Just seems I have more need for that than to fade the ball.

Golfanatic

Feb 22, 2012
Eye 2's have quite a bit of offset. The accepted thought is that significant offset contributes to drawing... or hooking... the ball. I've played offset Pings for years and know it still takes work to hit a fade. Today, if I get "greedy", I can hook the snot out of my Eye 2+ irons. That said, I love being able to draw/hook the ball around trouble. Just seems I have more need for that than to fade the ball.
I was looking at my Eye2 clones and they have about the same amount of offset.
But what is VERY noticeable is the extreme beefiness of the Eye2's versus the clones. Its enough that you dont even have to be paying attention to see it.

At the range I noticed that with the Pings I can hit the same shot pretty much every time. If I dont adjust it will get a slight pull/draw every single time. Its so consistent that you can pretty much point down the line and drop the ball on that line.
That doesnt happen with my clones, at least not to the same degree...maybe a slight draw.

Something else I noticed was that the Eye2's fly straighter the later I release. With the clones I was getting a push that I had to adjust for, not a big deal or anything, but with the Pings its just the opposite...having to adjust for a push/draw....except if I really hold the release until the last possible point (for my inept swing, that is)...and then it seems to end up in a really nice straight shot that I would actually like to see on the course.

Definitely love the clubs. Just going to have to get used to them. Sunday was the first time Ive had them on a course, so Im not gong to judge them too harshly.
I had 14 double bogeys sunday. One reason was I was playing the white tees and only had a 5 wood on me so I was short, but the other was trying to get used to hitting these Eye2's.

Golfanatic

Feb 22, 2012
ignore the pulling thing I mentioned above.
Went to the range...it was an easy enough remedy. Just a timing issue. May be because of the much heavier swing weight of the Eyes compared to my clones.
Now theyre hitting straight as hell.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.