• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Playing Alone

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
You guys must live in weird places because every course within 50 miles of me either a) doesn't allow singles, or b) is always too packed for singles.

That said, growing up I played alone sometimes. Not really my cup o' tea.
There are 2 publics here that, if I go out late afternoon during the week, I could get a few holes in alone. During the day, probably not. Weekend, never.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
I go out alone quite often in the evening. When we're in Florida, I can drive my cart out of the garage and onto the 13th tee, play the last 6 holes and be home in an hour or less. Great practice time.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
I’m probably going to get myself in trouble here, but oh well it’s 10am on a Saturday. So here we go!!

I would much rather play in the company of someone else, but being paired with someone random can go either way for me. I’ve met some super great folks; singles, couples, young and old. Hence the enjoyment of being around others. BUT I have also been paired with some real treats in my time, that at the end of the day, I could have done without playing with. The super obnoxious and rules violators are easily the worst!!

That being said, I do enjoy music and even sometimes the radio on (usually a Sunday Blue Jays ball game) during a round played alone. My bro-in-law also sometimes put an iPod on shuffle while we play. I have a rule that I obey strictly though. Five steps away from my golf bag or cart, the music should not be audible. It’s meant to enjoy not interfere! Now if someone voiced an issue with the music I have no issue turning it off. Out of respect for their request. But if I’m alone, there’s usually some tunes going.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I’m probably going to get myself in trouble here, but oh well it’s 10am on a Saturday. So here we go!!

I would much rather play in the company of someone else, but being paired with someone random can go either way for me. I’ve met some super great folks; singles, couples, young and old. Hence the enjoyment of being around others. BUT I have also been paired with some real treats in my time, that at the end of the day, I could have done without playing with. The super obnoxious and rules violators are easily the worst!!

That being said, I do enjoy music and even sometimes the radio on (usually a Sunday Blue Jays ball game) during a round played alone. My bro-in-law also sometimes put an iPod on shuffle while we play. I have a rule that I obey strictly though. Five steps away from my golf bag or cart, the music should not be audible. It’s meant to enjoy not interfere! Now if someone voiced an issue with the music I have no issue turning it off. Out of respect for their request. But if I’m alone, there’s usually some tunes going.
No issue with any of the above! Shows consideration for others you may be paired with. Sounds like I should call Uber and get a ride to Canada so we could play a round.:D

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
No issue with any of the above! Shows consideration for others you may be paired with. Sounds like I should call Uber and get a ride to Canada so we could play a round.:D

I'm a music while playing fan, nothing loud or obnoxious but there.

I believe whole heartedly that it is all about showing the consideration for others on the entire golf course. In your group or not! I have actually been playing with folks who have no clue I have music playing, until they park or stand close enough to actually hear it. Playing with one older gent, once he “caught” me with the Jays on, he was asking for constant game updates!! Him and I definitely hit it off over more than golf that morning.

And Limp if you wanna take an Uber all the way up here for a round, I will gladly let you pick the music for the day!!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.