• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Playoffs Baby!!!!

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Yes boys and girls, it is that time again. THE NHL PLAYOFFS!!!!

(im canadian, of course im guna mention it)

Canucks in 5 over Dallas! damn that quadruple OT in gm1 was amazing, havent been up past 12 for a western game since 97.

My picks (as per TSN) are Buffalo vs. Pittsburgh in the east finals, Vancouver vs. Detroit in the West.

Vancouver vs. Buffalo in the finals and im taking Vancouver and Roberto Luongo to win it!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
It's gonna' really hurt this year watching my Bolts go down in flames. We've got Martin St. Louis, Vinny, Dan Boyle, and a host of other decent players - and the worst goaltenders in the league. This is gonna' suck.

I'm picking Buffalo to win it.

OP
Sandpiper3

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Eracer, worst move by far the Bolts ever made was let Khabibulin go after they won the cup 2 years back.

CHICAGO for gods sake.... Hell like theyre even guna make the playoffs again for another few years.... At least they got the 1st pick this year to help them out. Unlike the Leafs who always get screwed getting like 12-14th picks, thats y they arent getting any real new talented young players. theyre never high enough in the draft (plus theyre scouting sucks).

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Eracer, worst move by far the Bolts ever made was let Khabibulin go after they won the cup 2 years back.

CHICAGO for gods sake.... Hell like theyre even guna make the playoffs again for another few years.... At least they got the 1st pick this year to help them out. Unlike the Leafs who always get screwed getting like 12-14th picks, thats y they arent getting any real new talented young players. theyre never high enough in the draft (plus theyre scouting sucks).

Personally, I think they should have traded Vinny away and picked up a top tier goalie and a young defenseman to complement Boyle and Ranger. Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy with the way Vinny has stepped it up this year. He's finally becoming the player he promised us he would be. But you can't win without a great net minder. Denis was supposed to be great. He sucks. And Vinny is a very expensive player.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Nice 3-2 win by the Bolts last night. Played very aggressively and Holmquist stepped up and had a great game.

I've got to hand it to Parise and Elias of the Devils - those two are damn fine hockey players.

fore142

Oct 22, 2006
i know many will dissagree with me, but who cares??? i didnt even know they were still playing that sport...

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
i know many will dissagree with me, but who cares??? i didnt even know they were still playing that sport...

Some people say the same about golf, until they begin to pay attention...;)

OP
Sandpiper3

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006

K, i dont mean this negatively, but honestly i havent bashed any football or baseball threads here... Have a little respect man, seriously.

If your not a hockey fan, your loss, at least have a little decency and respect to stfu or just dont open the thread.

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
my dad actually played pro hockey in france, and some in the minor leagues over here... he was a good goalie...

its a shame his skating skills didnt transfer over to me.. i rock at roller and street hockey, but cant even skate backwards on the ice.. :(

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005

most difficult trophy to win in pro sports... fantastic game. These guys play with severe pain every night too during the playoffs

OP
Sandpiper3

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
CANUCKS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

3-1 series lead over Dallas! Luongo all the way!!!!

FKA19

winter ho'in
May 21, 2006
how bout them sens :)
3-1 over crosby and the pens.
great game tonight!
detroit/ottawa in the finals, ottawa wins in 6.

fore142

Oct 22, 2006
I i understand that hockey is a fantastic sport, i am just saying it shame that the sport has fallen of the face of the earth... i apoligize if it hit a nerve, and didnt intend to do so.

OP
Sandpiper3

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
I i understand that hockey is a fantastic sport, i am just saying it shame that the sport has fallen of the face of the earth... i apoligize if it hit a nerve, and didnt intend to do so.

Np, i get what you mean, but if you come up to Canada, you can eat your words, it just really isnt big in the states except for in a few places.

In Canada hockey is HUGE:D Biggest sport in Canada by a huge margin, and it shows on the international scale in a big way. football is getting better, soccer slowly but still nothing special, golf were churning out a few good players and same with baseball, but hockey, name me 3 top goalies except khabibulin and hasek who arent canadian:D

🔥 Latest posts

Members online