• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Playoffs Baby!!!!

fore142

Oct 22, 2006
Np, i get what you mean, but if you come up to Canada, you can eat your words, it just really isnt big in the states except for in a few places.

In Canada hockey is HUGE:D Biggest sport in Canada by a huge margin, and it shows on the international scale in a big way. football is getting better, soccer slowly but still nothing special, golf were churning out a few good players and same with baseball, but hockey, name me 3 top goalies except khabibulin and hasek who arent canadian:D

To be honest, I couldnt tell you the name of any goalies. I watch sportscenter 2-3 times a day, you would think i would catch onto that sort of stuff if espn was talking about it. Just gives you an idea of how little it is talked about here in America.

OP
Sandpiper3

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Yea, i understand maybe 10% of americans probly even know what a hockey stick looks like, but that was no reason for u to bash hockey in your original post.

I dont go around bashing football (american football for you boys over the pond) or baseball, which both to me are completely gay, but thats my opinion and im not going into other ppls threads about the sports and making those statements.

fore142

Oct 22, 2006
I dont believe I bashed hockey in my original post, i feel that i just stated (maybe a little sarcasticly) that nobody in America could watch a hockey game on tv if they wanted to because it has pretty much fallen off the face of the earth. I apoligize if this GREATLY offended you. I dont believe i called hockey gay, much like you did when talking about football and baseball.

OP
Sandpiper3

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
i know many will dissagree with me, but who cares??? i didnt even know they were still playing that sport...

Hardly sarcasm about u couldnt watch hockey if you didnt want to.

I guess i may have used the wrong words in my opinion against baseball or football, i will use your words; "who cares??"

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
Np, i get what you mean, but if you come up to Canada, you can eat your words, it just really isnt big in the states except for in a few places.

In Canada hockey is HUGE:D Biggest sport in Canada by a huge margin, and it shows on the international scale in a big way. football is getting better, soccer slowly but still nothing special, golf were churning out a few good players and same with baseball, but hockey, name me 3 top goalies except khabibulin and hasek who arent canadian:D

what nationality is luongo? im to lazy to google.. :)

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
First off Luongo is Canadian, he's from just outside Montreal. But there are plenty of non Canadian top tier goalies - Huet :), Miller, Vokun, Lehotenen, Lundkvist, Kiprosoff, Bryzgalov, Nabokov.... etc. Actually of the 16 playoff teams, only SIX of them have Canadian starting goalies.

Secondly, I live in the USA and watch hockey EVERY night. It's available on almost all local sports networks:

NESN
SUNSHINE
MSG
FOX Sports (Regional) there are a million of these.

If you are unfortunate enough to live in a region that your local sports network (in my case NESN - carries the Bruins) that doesn't carry your favorite team, you can always get the Center Ice Package from your local cable/satellite provider.

Also please try to remember that the "face of the earth" is not only limited to the USA, this is an international board here. Just because ESPN chooses to televise scrabble and spelling bees, doesn't mean that there isn't other channels in the USA and other places (Canada especially) that are in full hockey mode right now.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
were churning out a few good players and same with baseball

The American League MVP is Candian (and from your home province to boot)

Take a look at these numbers:

.321 avg
37 doubles
34 homers
130 RBI

OP
Sandpiper3

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
My eastern picks are 50/50...:)

VT, the baseball kid, i cant remember his name but he's from New Westminster i believe (where i was born, i live an hour away from there now).

And hellz ya Luongo is Canadian.

Ok, maybe a lot of the goalies arent canadian, but i was just thinkin of all the best goaltenders.... Brodeur, Roy, Dryden, Luongo etc.

(Huet isnt canadian??? i thought he was?)

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
the baseball "kid" is Justin Morneau - 1B Minnesota Twins

Huet is from Grenoble France.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Ouch! My Lighting got dusted last night up in the Meadowlands. 3-0, and it was worse than that. Coach Tort decided to shake up the lineup bit and put a couple of 4th line players into the 1st line. Nice move, Coach.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.