• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Please welcome a new sponsor....

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Welcome aboard Terry!!!

While I am currently happy with my current 4 wedge setup, I do like the looks of your sole/bounce design specifically for the course that I play with hard pan bunkers and preference for lower bounce in other situations and more bounce around the nearby rough.

Not saying I am willing to change right away, although I will say that my FW's and irons purchases are likely a direct result from my readings on here. So while I have no intent to change anything anytime soon, we all know how that goes. ;)

Welcome!!!

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Being the total wedge Ho that I am...Terry, you had me at hello! Where do I sign?

Give me a promo code and I'll be the first to review your product.

Welcome aboard!

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Welcome aboard the board Terry. Do ya'll do custom lies and lengths? I'm looking to upgrade/replace my wedges soon. I like the looks of ya'lls wedges though.

TheWedgeGuy

Jul 15, 2008
Thanks for the warm welcome

Thank you all for the welcome to ShotTalk. I hope in the time ahead we can become great friends and that I can help with any of your questions about wedges or equipment in general. I've been in this business for almost 30 years now and continue to learn and love to share. I invite you all to visit my blog --TheWedgeGuy -- and to listen to my weekly short game podcast on GolfSmarterTips.

Our goal with EIDOLON is to be a company that is totally focused on scoring - the short game! We build what we believe are the finest wedges in the game, and we are the only company to offer the Rifle Spinner as our standard shaft, in both regular and firm flexes, and complement that with our proprietary SCoR graphite shaft in Firm, Regular and Ladies/Seniors flexes. We also accomodate and encourage custom work -- length, lie, grip size adjustments are no charge!

And to encourage all of you to give us a try, we've set up a special Promotional Code for ShotTalk readers -- just place your order and put "ShotTalk" in the Promotional Code field and earn a discount of 10% on your wedge order.

Thanks again for the welcome.

clemsonhacker

uncle sam's slave
Aug 15, 2006
Welcome aboard!!! the wedges look nice but it'll take alot to get my nakashima wedges out my bag... but it could be done

floggerrushmd

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2008
Welcome! I like the look, and the concept of increased spin on my wedges. How does the head size and weight compare to titeleist vokeys? I am sure the information is on your website I am just a bit thick when it comes to finding things online.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Welcome! I like the look, and the concept of increased spin on my wedges. How does the head size and weight compare to titeleist vokeys? I am sure the information is on your website I am just a bit thick when it comes to finding things online.

Here you go. Titleist doesn't list head weights, but I think you can infer from the swingweights that they are about the same.

Eidolon Wedge specs:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="55%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Model </TD><TD>Head Wt. </TD><TD>Loft </TD><TD>Lie </TD><TD>Length </TD><TD>Swg Wt. </TD><TD>Bounce*</TD></TR><TR><TD>48º Pitch</TD><TD>295 g</TD><TD>48º</TD><TD>63º</TD><TD>35.75"</TD><TD>D-3</TD><TD>15º / 3º</TD></TR><TR><TD>52º Gap</TD><TD>297.5 g</TD><TD>52º</TD><TD>64º</TD><TD>35.50"</TD><TD>D-3</TD><TD>18º / 3º</TD></TR><TR><TD>56º Mid</TD><TD>304.5 g</TD><TD>56º</TD><TD>64º</TD><TD>35.25”</TD><TD>D-5</TD><TD>30º / 7º</TD></TR><TR><TD>60º Lob</TD><TD>307.5 g</TD><TD>60º</TD><TD>64º</TD><TD>35.00”</TD><TD>D-5</TD><TD>25º / 6º</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE id=specs cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=635 border=0 valign="top"><TBODY><TR class=clubmodel vAlign=bottom><TD>Vokey Spin Milled Wedges</TD><TD>SM54.10</TD><TD>SM54.14</TD><TD>SM56.10</TD><TD>SM56.14</TD></TR><TR><TD class=leftcol>LOFT</TD><TD class=data>54° </TD><TD class=data>54° </TD><TD class=data>56° </TD><TD class=data>56° </TD></TR><TR><TD class=leftcol>BOUNCE</TD><TD class=data>10° </TD><TD class=data>14° </TD><TD class=data>10° </TD><TD class=data>14° </TD></TR><TR><TD class=leftcol>LIE</TD><TD class=data>64° </TD><TD class=data>64° </TD><TD class=data>64° </TD><TD class=data>64° </TD></TR><TR><TD class=leftcol>LENGTH</TD><TD class=data>35.25" </TD><TD class=data>35.25" </TD><TD class=data>35.25" </TD><TD class=data>35.25" </TD></TR><TR><TD class=leftcol>RH/LH</TD><TD class=data>RH/LH </TD><TD class=data>RH </TD><TD class=data>RH </TD><TD class=data>RH/LH </TD></TR><TR><TD class=leftcol>SWING TYPE</TD><TD class=data>Slider </TD><TD class=data>Digger </TD><TD class=data>Slider </TD><TD class=data>Digger </TD></TR><TR><TD class=leftcol>SWINGWEIGHT</TD><TD class=data>D5 </TD><TD class=data>D5 </TD><TD class=data>D5 </TD><TD class=data>D5 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE id=specs cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=635 border=0 valign="top"><TBODY><TR class=clubmodel vAlign=bottom><TD>Vokey Spin Milled Wedges</TD><TD>SM58.08</TD><TD>SM58.12</TD><TD>SM60.04</TD><TD>SM60.08</TD></TR><TR><TD class=leftcol>LOFT</TD><TD class=data>58° </TD><TD class=data>58° </TD><TD class=data>60° </TD><TD class=data>60° </TD></TR><TR><TD class=leftcol>BOUNCE</TD><TD class=data>8° </TD><TD class=data>12° </TD><TD class=data>4° </TD><TD class=data>8° </TD></TR><TR><TD class=leftcol>LIE</TD><TD class=data>64° </TD><TD class=data>64° </TD><TD class=data>64° </TD><TD class=data>64° </TD></TR><TR><TD class=leftcol>LENGTH</TD><TD class=data>35.00" </TD><TD class=data>35.00" </TD><TD class=data>35.00" </TD><TD class=data>35.00" </TD></TR><TR><TD class=leftcol>RH/LH</TD><TD class=data>RH/LH </TD><TD class=data>RH </TD><TD class=data>RH </TD><TD class=data>RH/LH </TD></TR><TR><TD class=leftcol>SWING TYPE</TD><TD class=data>Either </TD><TD class=data>Digger </TD><TD class=data>Slider </TD><TD class=data>Slider </TD></TR><TR><TD class=leftcol>SWINGWEIGHT</TD><TD class=data>D5 </TD><TD class=data>D5 </TD><TD class=data>D5 </TD><TD class=data>D5 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Here you go. Titleist doesn't list head weights, but I think you can infer from the swingweights that they are about the same.

Eidolon Wedge specs:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="55%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Model </TD><TD>Head Wt. </TD><TD>Loft </TD><TD>Lie </TD><TD>Length </TD><TD>Swg Wt. </TD><TD>Bounce*</TD></TR><TR><TD>48º Pitch</TD><TD>295 g</TD><TD>48º</TD><TD>63º</TD><TD>35.75"</TD><TD>D-3</TD><TD>15º / 3º</TD></TR><TR><TD>52º Gap</TD><TD>297.5 g</TD><TD>52º</TD><TD>64º</TD><TD>35.50"</TD><TD>D-3</TD><TD>18º / 3º</TD></TR><TR><TD>56º Mid</TD><TD>304.5 g</TD><TD>56º</TD><TD>64º</TD><TD>35.25”</TD><TD>D-5</TD><TD>30º / 7º</TD></TR><TR><TD>60º Lob</TD><TD>307.5 g</TD><TD>60º</TD><TD>64º</TD><TD>35.00”</TD><TD>D-5</TD><TD>25º / 6º</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE id=specs cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=635 border=0 valign="top"><TBODY><TR class=clubmodel vAlign=bottom><TD>Vokey Spin Milled Wedges</TD><TD>SM54.10</TD><TD>SM54.14</TD><TD>SM56.10</TD><TD>SM56.14</TD></TR><TR><TD class=leftcol>LOFT</TD><TD class=data>54° </TD><TD class=data>54° </TD><TD class=data>56° </TD><TD class=data>56° </TD></TR><TR><TD class=leftcol>BOUNCE</TD><TD class=data>10° </TD><TD class=data>14° </TD><TD class=data>10° </TD><TD class=data>14° </TD></TR><TR><TD class=leftcol>LIE</TD><TD class=data>64° </TD><TD class=data>64° </TD><TD class=data>64° </TD><TD class=data>64° </TD></TR><TR><TD class=leftcol>LENGTH</TD><TD class=data>35.25" </TD><TD class=data>35.25" </TD><TD class=data>35.25" </TD><TD class=data>35.25" </TD></TR><TR><TD class=leftcol>RH/LH</TD><TD class=data>RH/LH </TD><TD class=data>RH </TD><TD class=data>RH </TD><TD class=data>RH/LH </TD></TR><TR><TD class=leftcol>SWING TYPE</TD><TD class=data>Slider </TD><TD class=data>Digger </TD><TD class=data>Slider </TD><TD class=data>Digger </TD></TR><TR><TD class=leftcol>SWINGWEIGHT</TD><TD class=data>D5 </TD><TD class=data>D5 </TD><TD class=data>D5 </TD><TD class=data>D5 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE id=specs cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=635 border=0 valign="top"><TBODY><TR class=clubmodel vAlign=bottom><TD>Vokey Spin Milled Wedges</TD><TD>SM58.08</TD><TD>SM58.12</TD><TD>SM60.04</TD><TD>SM60.08</TD></TR><TR><TD class=leftcol>LOFT</TD><TD class=data>58° </TD><TD class=data>58° </TD><TD class=data>60° </TD><TD class=data>60° </TD></TR><TR><TD class=leftcol>BOUNCE</TD><TD class=data>8° </TD><TD class=data>12° </TD><TD class=data>4° </TD><TD class=data>8° </TD></TR><TR><TD class=leftcol>LIE</TD><TD class=data>64° </TD><TD class=data>64° </TD><TD class=data>64° </TD><TD class=data>64° </TD></TR><TR><TD class=leftcol>LENGTH</TD><TD class=data>35.00" </TD><TD class=data>35.00" </TD><TD class=data>35.00" </TD><TD class=data>35.00" </TD></TR><TR><TD class=leftcol>RH/LH</TD><TD class=data>RH/LH </TD><TD class=data>RH </TD><TD class=data>RH </TD><TD class=data>RH/LH </TD></TR><TR><TD class=leftcol>SWING TYPE</TD><TD class=data>Either </TD><TD class=data>Digger </TD><TD class=data>Slider </TD><TD class=data>Slider </TD></TR><TR><TD class=leftcol>SWINGWEIGHT</TD><TD class=data>D5 </TD><TD class=data>D5 </TD><TD class=data>D5 </TD><TD class=data>D5 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
someone was bored...:D

Get a job ya hippie...

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
someone was bored...:D

Get a job ya hippie...
I hate hippies! I mean, the way they always talk about "protectin' the earth" and then drive around in cars that get poor gas mileage and wear those stupid bracelets - I hate 'em! I wanna kick 'em in the nuts!"

Skjay101

May 1, 2008
It seems like I wear out my wedges every year, and Not a big fan of sharpening grooves, they usually go to a junk bag. (anyone need some practically grooveless vokeys?)

Is there anything that could fit my needs with a 60*? The course I'm playing has been really tight fairways lately and as that's always where I hit out of (of course :)) I would like something with a really (really) low bounce in a 60*. Anything in the 2* -4* bounce in that?

TheWedgeGuy

Jul 15, 2008
Head weights

Actually guys, our EIDOLON heads are a little heavier than Titleist or Cleveland because we use Rifle Spinner and our own proprietary graphite SCoR shafts to allow that (they all use the very heavy and very stiff Dynamic Gold "wedge" flex). Our principle is that more mass is advantageous when negotiating rough or sand, and it gives you more head feel on touch shots. Also that the shaft is VERY important to wedge performance.

And Skjay101, I guarantee you that you will fall in love with our 60* the first round with it.

Floggerrushmd, you'll find our face profiles to be quite conventional in size, and very comforting visually.

Clemsonhacker, we always welcome heads-up comparisons . . .

Terry

🔥 Latest posts