• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Politics

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Let us discuss Politics.

* only joking :)

Just wanting to know if any of you have played or own a Nintendo DS Lite ? Am thinking of buying one.

Thanks..

token_hottie

token_mommy... oops!
Jan 12, 2006
got excited there for a second. what a let-down :)

I only have experience with x-box. It's fine. My husband uses it mostly.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
I am 41, and have been playing video games for about 25 of those years. I have the PSP, and feel it is by far one of the best portables of the many I have owned in that time. I might actually rank it as one of my favorite video game systems, consoles included.

I am simply amazed the 6-7 hours of battery life you can get for what the unit provides. I used to think the old Sega Nomad was pretty decent, yet you would only get about 1/2 hour which really limited it for me. Being able to fly from Philly to Pheonix on one battery, take MP3's as well as the Movies that you can copy from DVD to the memory card works well for me. I also like having the Wifi browser, which is not fantastic but is usually enough for vacations, and much better to deal with the difficulty of typing to not have to haul a laptop.

edit 1 - I think they recently dropped the price to $199 USD

OP
Andy_79

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Have been weaned onto the DS Lite - folk tell me it is a better all-round console. Wanting it for Mario & Mario Kart.

You are married, TH ?! You have ruined my week.......:(

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
I guess if there are certain games that are only available on the DS, then that makes a difference. What turned me off of the DS was the stylus, and the thought of scratching up the screen. Although this may not even be an issue, it just looked like it would be in time. That and I have always enjoyed more of the Sports and Racing style games for a portable, which seem to rate higher on the PSP. Or Action shooter style stuff like GTA and Twisted Metal. Which Nintendo has always seperated itself from anything violent to a large degree. The New Tekken is comparable to the graphics on any console, and I was never a big fan of many fighter type games.

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
Andy_79 said:
Have been weaned onto the DS Lite - folk tell me it is a better all-round console. Wanting it for Mario & Mario Kart.

You are married, TH ?! You have ruined my week.......:(

I have the DS and both Mario and Mario Kart. Brilliant.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
PSP for the win, I swear if it wasn't for Tiger Woods Golf for PSP, I'd be bored most of my life.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
JEFF4i said:
PSP for the win, I swear if it wasn't for Tiger Woods Golf for PSP, I'd be bored most of my life.
I just picked up 2006 last week for $24, although I haven't been able to try it out because it is either that or the real course. Real course always wins. What a shame:)

Again, I never cared for any fighting games other than Tekken3 on the old PS, and the one on the PSP is incredible for the graphics.

Although I still think Burnout Legends is my favorite when I just want an hour of mindless gaming

edit 1 - I also can't wait for EA's NHL next month, probably my favorite game along with FIFA or Winning eleven for any game system, I was Kinda pissed when Gretzky was the only hockey game for the PSP, gotta have my EA Hockey.

smileyrose

Aug 17, 2006
Space Invaders

The last video game I played was Space Invaders..... my how we've come a long way since those days! :D:D

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
What the hell is Nintendo DS?

I haven't played a hand held game for 5 years I bet. I'd rather be at the range. :D

R35

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Oh I would rather be at the range as well, but when you are averaging 4 to 8 hours at the hosital almost every day, you need something.

OP
Andy_79

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Rockford35 said:
What the hell is Nintendo DS?

I haven't played a hand held game for 5 years I bet. I'd rather be at the range. :D

R35

I am in the same boat. However, these two games I have mentioned look the bits !! I have been making do playing Tetris on my phone for this long time, but this DS Lite has enticed me to buy it, espesh if I go ahead and head away somewhere like Oz for the winter; I would def. need one then....:)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.