• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Pro Golfers are Pu$$ies

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
While I agree that hockey players are obviously tougher. I totally understand why Weir withdrew. You can't win a tournament with a bad elbow. That's like a hockey player blowing out his knee. Getting a puck facial surely hurt like hell but it didn't effect the players ability to skate up and down the ice.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
It's pretty easy to do when you get paid regardless of your standings via sponsorship. Mike has been riding his Masters win for a long, long time.

R35

thekid65

Jan 2, 2009
No doubt that hockey players are "tougher" and play through a lot more pain. However, I know that when I have an ailment that's really bothering me on the golf swing, it completely ruins my concentration (in the middle of a backswing thinking of how much this is gonna hurt)..totally screws up my round, and like Weir, I'd rather not play.

OP
VtDivot

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I'm just saying - the guy is brutal.

He is blaming his injuries... hockey players don't do that. They are men, not the bitch that this douche is.

As a side note Laperierre is a total nut job to come back out after 50 stitches and 4 lost teeth

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
As a side note Laperierre is a total nut job to come back out after 50 stitches and 4 lost teeth

What else is he going to do? Head down to the winery, or maybe grab the financial pages and see how his investments are doing?

Hockey players are a completely different breed of animal. And I use the term animal on purpose. Golfers (pros) are guys who normally come from money and don't know what tough is.

We once had a discussion about who would be the toughest guy on tour, and I laughed before answering. I'd take Martin St. Louis over any of them, any day of the week, and he's a *****.

R35

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Furthermore, all professional tennis players are pussies because Richard Bloomfield withdrew from the Delhi Commonwealth Games due to a back injury. To substantiate that claim, here's a video of Chuck Liddell beating the crap out of people.

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkqRwdbDeAM[/video]

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Furthermore, all professional tennis players are pussies because Richard Bloomfield withdrew from the Delhi Commonwealth Games due to a back injury. To substantiate that claim, here's a video of Chuck Liddell beating the crap out of people.

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkqRwdbDeAM[/video]

Epic answer. This thread has potential.

MercMan

Dec 28, 2010
its all relevant, hockey players are pussies compared to pro box lacrosse players, man those dudes are beyond tough

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
its all relevant, hockey players are pussies compared to pro box lacrosse players, man those dudes are beyond tough

And they are pussies compared to Mixed Martial Artists in a Vale Todo competition. It's just something you cannot compare.

For example, if a surgeon broke a phalanx in his small finger in his left hand, he would have to withdrew from the operation room and wouldn't be aloud to work. If you are a stock broker you can have both your legs cut off and you'll keep working. So, is the Surgeon a bigger "*****" than the Stock Broker? Its just a matter of what its important really. A golfer, a Cricketer, can claim problems on an elbow. A brute playing hockey or rugby couldn't care less about an eye popping out!

Or then, i we follow that line of thought, then Tiger Woods play golf with a broken anterior cruciate ligament, while Tomlinson when playing for the San Diego Chargers was out for a season due to a problem regarding the same structure. Wouldn't that make NFL players be "pussies" compared to golfers then? hehehehe

OP
VtDivot

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I stand by my claim. Of course, I grew up playing hockey ;-)

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Pffft, yall are pussies compared to bowlers.

I have to carry around 4 balls. Any of you carry around 4 16 lb balls? Do you know what that's like on my back?

AND THEN i have to throw them down an alley and bash them into 10 wooden pins....now that's excruciating.

Don't even get me started on the blisters, sore shoulders, knee's, wrists, elbows, etc....not to mention the shoes they rent at the bowling alley...now that hurts.

shep3470

Apr 5, 2009
Omaha, NE
Pffft, yall are pussies compared to bowlers.

I have to carry around 4 balls. Any of you carry around 4 16 lb balls? Do you know what that's like on my back?

AND THEN i have to throw them down an alley and bash them into 10 wooden pins....now that's excruciating.

Don't even get me started on the blisters, sore shoulders, knee's, wrists, elbows, etc....not to mention the shoes they rent at the bowling alley...now that hurts.

Carrying around 4 balls, I would assume you are a pretty good bowler. Which brings me to the question, why are you renting shoes?

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Carrying around 4 balls, I would assume you are a pretty good bowler. Which brings me to the question, why are you renting shoes?

lol, the post was tongue in cheek...

I don't rent shoes...i'm an average league bowler. 200-210 average on a typical house pattern. That goes down quickly on sport patterns.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.