• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Pulsar or Black Widow Soft Spikes

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I've been using the Black Widow. They're really pushing the Pulsar. Which is best? Something I haven't named? Oh yeah, how about Stingers? :)

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I think I use Scorpions, and they rock, but I actually forgot since I threw the box away and now after about 20 seconds of searching, I cannot find it.

fore142

Oct 22, 2006
the pulsars are better spikes, they have longer prongs and therefore grip better.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I've got to put a vote in for the Pulsar. The Pulsar spikes are fantastic!! In fact, they might grip too good! I got them swapped out at a course a while back and I've since had to buy a box just for replacements. I've had one grip so well that it unlocked itself (on a putting surface) and another that gripped so well that it just snapped off.

Hmm, on second thought, maybe these do grip too well! Go get some Black Widows... :ugly25:

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
The Stingers are the best spikes I have ever used. I change my spikes twice a year.

R35

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Stingers by far, and we all made fun of Rock for wanting to post a cleat review until we all found out about the Stinger. :D

Twice the life, easier to remove outside of the problem I had this winter when I thing the moisture froze in the shoe and I ruined a pair of shoes trying to remove them. Probably would have been the case with any of the types.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
After a few more moments of searching for my buddy Warbird, turns out mine are stingers.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I just checked and it was the Stingers that I replaced with the Pulsars. I remember their grip being really good but I found that they wore pretty damn fast. My vote stays with the Pulsars. (do I sense a pole coming soon...)

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
I like the Stinger spikes, but the new Adidas spikes are really good as well, I usually change the spikes out to Stingers right away, but am keeping the new Adidas spikes in all of the new pairs that I have for the season.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I remembered R35 doing a review but forgot which ones he liked. And I don't think the Pulsar was out yet. Guess it doesn't matter now since Wallyworld doesn't carry Stingers. Put some Black widows in until I need to change again. Then it will be Stingers. :)

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I just checked and it was the Stingers that I replaced with the Pulsars. I remember their grip being really good but I found that they wore pretty damn fast. My vote stays with the Pulsars. (do I sense a pole coming soon...)

Aren't pulsars the ones that come stock with almost every pair of shoes? I vote stingers...

Members online

No members online now.