• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Purple Ice Shaft

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
The purple ice shaft by graphite design, has anyone tried this? Ill be honest im not 100% sure on all the specs mean so i cant really compare it to my own shaft (graf prolite). I understand flex and kickpoint, but once we get into the little numbers or torque and all that im starting to get a little lost...

Anyone know anything about this shaft or how it'd compare to a Grafalloy ProLite?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Specs

ProLite
Torque 3.5 in X flex - very tip stiff
high kick (low trajectory)

Purple Ice
Torque 3.2 in X flex 65 g series 3.0 in X flex 75 g series
mid kick (mid trajectory)

Purple Ice is similar to YS-6+ series but for those who load the shaft more (swing harder). It's for higher then average clubhead speeds and low torque. The main difference in flight would be mid trajectory instead of low trajectory.

This is just from reading about them. I have no "experience" with them

:)

OP
Sandpiper3

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
So itd give me a little higher traj then my prolite?? interesting.

Im playing the prolite in s-flex right now, so would the x in the P.I or the s be more comparable? (trying to tighten dispertion and get it a little higher, i dont know about ss, but i usually hit around 260-280 right now)

OP
Sandpiper3

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
I tihnk i may give this baby a go, like 40 bucks on ebay right now, i saw one or two "buy one get one free" deals on them... maybe one S and one X, hopefully the X can tighten up the shots a bit. If i get one ill definately give a review on it.

Thanks for the info wbl.

Pullmeister

Dec 6, 2006
Make sure if you buy on Ebay that the shipper will send by USPS if you're a canuck. Most of the shaft sellers that I've seen only send bu UPS. UPS will charge a brokerage fee of at least $30 in addition to the shipping charges. So the costs could easily double.

OP
Sandpiper3

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
I dont actually get stuff shipped over the border. I go down and pick it up myself, lucky for me i only live about 20 mins north of the border so most of the time when i pick it up myself they dont even charge me duties:)

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Make sure if you buy on Ebay that the shipper will send by USPS if you're a canuck. Most of the shaft sellers that I've seen only send bu UPS. UPS will charge a brokerage fee of at least $30 in addition to the shipping charges. So the costs could easily double.

Pullmeister

You're right about USPS being cheaper. You forgot to mention airmail though. Found that out shipping a shaft to R35.

txgolfer130

Jan 17, 2007
I would go with the X. GDI shafts play a little softer in the tips than others. I have a PI 85 in my 3w X Hot...I love this thing. Yardage was only about 10-12 yds, but dispersion and accuracy as well as feel is in another category all together. If they put that it OEM, it would be the best 3w w/out compare. The only thing I would pull my PI for would be an OZIK. And then we're talking major $$$$.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online