• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Putter Wish List

MyBluC4

Jan 23, 2008
While most of us purchase off the rack putters, and some go upscale with names like Scotty Cameron (whose tour player putters are not on the same planet as those in your local pro shop), there are a number of incredible putter designers and builders that are special. Special in terms of quality, workmanship, engineering and in some cases, fittings. Here's my wish list. Would love to hear from members who game these beauties.

BYRON MORGAN
JAMES INGLES
BETTINARDI
GENE NEAD
BRUCE SIZEMORE (my personal favorite)
DAVE EDEL
<!-- / message -->

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Look up Sunset Beach Putters and see if you like any of their models. They were a sponsor here for a little while.

My favorite putter is still an original Acushnet Bulls-Eye, but I bag a YES! Callie model because Callie is my youngest daughter's name.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I acquired a Byron Morgan off some old guy who sometimes frequents here from time to time. Very heavy copper head, not a million miles off from this one http://www.byronputters.com/images.asp?pid=175

I've been gaming it for a while now with reasonable success. Lovely feel off the sweet spot. Ageless. Quality. Except when you miss a 3 footer!!

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
I am a nightmare.....laMont made me a Sunset Beach Surfside in Oil Rubbed Bronze which is my usual gamer. It's superbly made and it feels lovely as you'd expect.

I also snagged a Piretti Potenza - but the 360g head didn't agree with me. However it's gorgeous looking and has a great feel too.

I am on a mission to stop ho'ing putters though and stick to one as it's served me well through the rest of the bag. Will keep the Surfside but the Piretti will go.

I'd give Lamont a tinkle - he is a great craftsman and can do pretty much any design you want plus he's a genuinely great guy but you can't really go wrong with any on your list - all are superb at what they do.

🔥 Latest posts