• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

PXG Clubs

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Apparently, PXG also robbed a bunch of club engineers away from Ping so we are looking at a fairly experienced club producing group. Owner basically told them to produce the best clubs possible without a thought to expenses. Should be interesting to see what their market ends up being. I am guessing they will sell well in Japan.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
I'm not so sure. This smells like a trophy company. Like rich sports teams owner. They own other businesses that make them truck loads of cash and have their cool little sports teams.

It's like Dan Snyder - he bought a football team because he CAN.................or Trump running for president just to see what happens............

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
A set of 8 irons will set you back $2400 to $2600. Nobody else is even close.

Miura 57's are $1900 for 4-PW. Add in a 3 iron, and you're over 2G's.

Again, in the same stratosphere per se, but not as expensive as Parsons.

R35

OP
TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Okay, here are my thoughts. It doesn't matter how stupidly rich someone is. They get tired of losing money eventually. These things have to sell, pure and simple. I just can't see it happening. I shake my head at the prices.

I know some lust after JDM clubs and their inherent pricing. But PXG has only been in operation for five minutes. They're not JDM. They're sitting in their own group; a group of one.

The company will need to adopt an aggressive marketing strategy in order to overcome the pricing issue. That involves a crapload of money.

Henry Griffitts tried the 'whole premium price, the only set of clubs you'll ever need' strategy and they seem to have disappeared.

If the bookies were taking bets, I'd lay down a sly fifty about the future of PXG.

Last edited:

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
If the new stable of pro's come out on tour and start shooting the lights out, they will sell regardless of price. I am just waiting for the first one of our local Ho's on ST to pick up a set.

I am not about to blather on about over priced clubs as I learned my lesson with Rock and the TEE's. Sometimes, the clubs are worth every penny even if you are spending 2 to 3 times as many pennies.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Physics of club design is limited by USGA restrictions. I don't see how these clubs can do anything the other plethora of OEM clubs can do. In the hands of we weekend amateurs, we still have to somehow put the center of the club on the ball. These aren't going to be any more forgiving, have any more shot shaping ability, or give most golfers any better chance of winning the 50 cent matches at the local club. What they will do is give a very small segment of the market the ability to own the most expensive clubs money can buy. The CEO who drives the Mercedes to and from his private jet... The spoiled brat 35 year old still spending dad's money on his BMW"s and blondes... and a very few who post on a specific golf forum that have to have the most expensive bling in the industry.
I can just see the look on someone's face when they drag the set of clubs they just paid $5,000 for into Golf Galaxy looking to trade them in. They get offered $500 and the store doubts they can even recoup that money.

This is a billionaire who now can brag about "buying" eight fairly well known PGA and LPGA Tour players. It's just something that he can own that none of his fellow billionaires do. He'll tire of it in a couple of years and Parsons Golf will be a thing of the past.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
They have that steampunk look going for them which is kinda cool.

tween-steampunk-girl-costume.jpg

Members online