• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

PXG Clubs

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
Agreed. But his future does not lie with the Pros. That's just a means to an end. His future is convincing golfers that his equipment offers something better, be that added distance, forgiveness, 'feel' etc. So Billy or Zach winning is merely an endorsement that he's doing something right. Oh and they will win at some point. Expect to see the ads that will follow.

When Woosnam won the Masters he was offered a huge endorsement by Maruman to play their clubs. He took the money and his game went south. Was it the clubs? But I think this is different, it looks like PXG took input from their stable and worked with them for several months to custom fit them. It seems a more measured approach.

What will be more interesting is people like Mark Crossfield reviewing them and saying "Boy these things are so easy to hit, they feel amazing and I'm 7 yards per club further". I always watch what these guys play week in / week out. They get to test the best so if PXG is really 'that good' then presumably the clubs will not leave his bag.

PXG is aimed at the higher end of the food chain for people who drive Teslas and fly 1st class. They want quality and have no problem paying for it. They expect to get custom fitted and like the fact that they are playing the same clubs as some of the tour. Time will tell if it is just a novelty factor.

I hope the company does well, it's interesting!
I couldn't agree more, well said!

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Agreed. But his future does not lie with the Pros. That's just a means to an end. His future is convincing golfers that his equipment offers something better, be that added distance, forgiveness, 'feel' etc. So Billy or Zach winning is merely an endorsement that he's doing something right. Oh and they will win at some point. Expect to see the ads that will follow.

When Woosnam won the Masters he was offered a huge endorsement by Maruman to play their clubs. He took the money and his game went south. Was it the clubs? But I think this is different, it looks like PXG took input from their stable and worked with them for several months to custom fit them. It seems a more measured approach.

What will be more interesting is people like Mark Crossfield reviewing them and saying "Boy these things are so easy to hit, they feel amazing and I'm 7 yards per club further". I always watch what these guys play week in / week out. They get to test the best so if PXG is really 'that good' then presumably the clubs will not leave his bag.

PXG is aimed at the higher end of the food chain for people who drive Teslas and fly 1st class. They want quality and have no problem paying for it. They expect to get custom fitted and like the fact that they are playing the same clubs as some of the tour. Time will tell if it is just a novelty factor.

I hope the company does well, it's interesting!

I love Crossfield, but he changes clubs more than papaD.

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
papaD's club reviews on youtube are all the same. Best club ever! In my bag to stay! Next week. Best Club ever! In my bag to stay! Heard he has a Tmag contract. They are the only ones that can keep up with him.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
United States United States
papaD- Get your ass in the corner! :)

1330.gif

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Judging from her reaction she seems overjoyed. I bet you get that a lot.

Members online

No members online now.