• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Q: Why was Tricky banned? A:

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
Since other threads are getting clogged up...

Tricky had been warned several times in his illustrious career at ShotTalk. Most times he chose to ignore those warnings, resulting in repeat offenses in multiple categories. He loved poking the bear and even resorted to provocation via PM. Not cool.

When his latest post was reported to me, it was another borderline comment and I was going to give him a day off without pay. Then I read the next racist comment and it turned into a short vacation. His final racist comment, accompanied by a personal attack on another member, made his vacation permanent.

Bottom line: he was a repeat offender who crossed the line one time too many, and in an angry racist fashion. I truly wanted to make his vacation short but I've seen this too many times and know we'd come right back to the same point eventually. And that kind of attitude has no place on our forums.

I will leave this thread open to discussion, but hopefully I've answered all the questions.

TEA

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
TEA...for whats its worth I think you did the right thing. I liked Tricky, he's like that crazy uncle everyone has, but he went over the line and IMO you did the right thing.

Not that its any of my business but is his a Pete Rose Ban or Alex Rodriguez Ban???

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
I hate to see a Supporting Member get banned but there are lines that should not be crossed and won't be tolerated here. I understand that, but like I said, I hate to lose a Supporting Member. I thought he was a pretty good guy. I also have no idea what his actual offense was because it was deleted, so I don't understand the severity of his offense(s). Either way, it's a shame, but it is what it is and I fully support TEA's decision in handling the situation. Let's move on.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
TEA...for whats its worth I think you did the right thing. I liked Tricky, he's like that crazy uncle everyone has, but he went over the line and IMO you did the right thing.

Not that its any of my business but is his a Pete Rose Ban or Alex Rodriguez Ban???
I'm not sure what an A-Rod ban is but Tricky's is permanent.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I hate to see a Supporting Member get banned but there are lines that should not be crossed and won't be tolerated here. I understand that, but like I said, I hate to lose a Supporting Member. I thought he was a pretty good guy. I also have no idea what his actual offense was because it was deleted, so I don't understand the severity of his offense(s). Either way, it's a shame, but it is what it is and I fully support TEA's decision in handling the situation. Let's move on.
This. He actually had some good advice, if you could understand it, and he was a supporting member. That's why we let most of his shit slide, and like I said I was going to make it a temp ban at first but he just pushed it too far... It's a shame but was necessary.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
TEA, for what it's worth from a :poop:head like, you did the right thing.

:D

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
1.) That's what mods are for.
2.) Participating in an on-line discussion board is a privilege, not a right. The mods of any on-line forum are similar to police in a foreign country. You may not understand or agree with the rules. You have the opportunity to play by the rules... or go somewhere else.
3.) ShotTalk has a long history of banter back and forth between members. When that banter turns to personal attacks, it's time for the referee to blow his/her whistle.
4.) I would advise Tea to have the administrative assistants in his office be on the lookout for someone coming through the front door with a splitting maul in his hand... especially if he just drove up in a Volkswagen!

trumb1mj

Dec 19, 2007
Chicago, IL
Country
Sol was so entertaining... If hadn't googled him and confirmed that he was a real person, I would have never believed it.

Members online

No members online now.