• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Question for you all...

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Well ladies and gentlemen, I have a bit of an odd question for you all, and I’m going to be as politically correct as I can asking it... So after two years of some friendly banter between my sister-in-law and myself, we are going to face off in a round of golf. I say face off, because she has turned it into a grudge match. Even I feel crossing the line a little with some of her comments. I should say she plays hockey and baseball (nothing wrong with either!) but trash talk is a little more common? Accepted?? On those playing fields. I had been playing along for the most part, but now it’s getting a little much.

My question being; do I just go out and sorry, but bury this bitch? Or is there a more tasteful way of getting my point across?? I am the better golfer but she thinks she’s improved ten thousand fold playing so much this year...

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
You "know" you're the better player. You "know" she's been playing a lot of golf this year. You are having a grudge match. If I were you, I'd be really cautious about trash talking too much until the match is over. If she has vastly improved and you have a bad day on the course, she may take your gonads home with her as dessert!!! So, what can happen....
1.) You leave her in your dust on the course. Then you can pound her with words.
2.) It's a really close match with you winning by only a couple of strokes. Breathing a sigh of relief, you compliment her on her game, trash talking very little. She may improve even more and clean your clock next time.
3.) She is much better than you think and stomps you in the mud. If you've been really cocky, she will never let you forget it.

Choose your words wisely until after the match. Do your homework and choose the course!! Find a course where she does not get much of an advantage from the ladies tees. Getting to the back tees first, "conveniently" always hit your drive first. If you put it in the fairway and long, she may well overswing trying to show you up. Use some "gamesmanship". Make suggestions about raising/lowering her ball on the tee. Make suggestions about moving the ball an inch forward or an inch back. Give her suggestions on the line of putts.... not necessarily correct line. After all, you're just trying to "help".

And, if she defeats you I'll forward my address so you can turn in your "Man Card"!!!!:D

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Touching a sister in law’s vagina with your hand is a bit creepy. Kick her there instead.
iabYLwg.gif

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
I say bury her. Be cordial. Take your hat off after 18, shake her hand. Tell her she played well. Kill her with kindness. That will get under her skin more than words. Win win.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I had been playing along for the most part, but now it’s getting a little much.
This is the worst! I know a few guys like this and it's like, dude it was funny for a minute but grow the f- up.

1) Bury her. Like, show NO mercy.
2) Do so without trash talk.
3) Next time she tries talking trash, divert/deflect to a more civil conversation.

Then kick her in the taint.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
I say bury her. Be cordial. Take your hat off after 18, shake her hand. Tell her she played well. Kill her with kindness. That will get under her skin more than words. Win win.
What Nick said. Beat her ass badly, but take the high road and be classy about it. She will absolutely HATE it!

1553.gif

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada

Oh I plan on being cordial, she’s the one who’s sunk to this level, of which I want no part of. I’m not sure what she thinks she’s proving by being... well rude!! I’m just going to play my game and see IF she can keep up!

I’m confident saying I am the better golfer Limp. I’ve only played three rounds this year (79, 81 and 83.) The 83 felt like I shot 90! Unbeknownst to her, my brother-in-law has been boring me with live updates of their many rounds. Her best score has been an 88... I think my man card is safe fellas. Plus we are playing a course I’ve played before, shot 77. And she claims she’s “too good” to play the ladies tee... ok fine, don’t take the advantage. This bitch is in for a world of hurt!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
And she claims she’s “too good” to play the ladies tee... ok fine, don’t take the advantage.

For me, that would seal the deal. If she feels she can be competitive from the longer tees, that's one thing. When she brags that she is "too good" to play the ladies tee.... she deserves the butt-whipping she gets.

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
For me, that would seal the deal. If she feels she can be competitive from the longer tees, that's one thing. When she brags that she is "too good" to play the ladies tee.... she deserves the butt-whipping she gets.

That’s what I’m saying. It’s not like I’m playing an LPGA star here. Well maybe in her head... if an ass kicking is what she wants. I’m just the guy to hand it out!!

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Well... I know everyone is waiting to hear the results, she shot a 97 to my 79... I can’t even say she made it hard on me. I also did exactly as everyone said, I kept my mouth shut, complimented her good shots and shook her hand at the end of the round. Then I added up the card!

What really got me going was after my opening tee shot, which was pretty bad, she had the nerve to tell me to get those bad shots outta the way early... I scrambled to save par and she doubled!! That was my last bad shot of the day! Pretty sure I made my point!!

🔥 Latest posts