• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Quitting Smoking

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Starting this for 1 more reason to not go get a pack. I'm telling you guys right now, I'm quitting, starting right now.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Great! Just think how much more money you'll have after you quit. You can do it.

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
You're most likely not going to actually notice the money that you save but, I guarantee that you are going to feel 100 times better and you will not stink. I know, you're thinking but I don't stink now. Yes you do. Go a couple of months without smoking and you'll smell what I mean. I didn't think that I stunk either but I did.

Now, I have been quit for almost 6 years now. You CAN do this.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Great news Ez, hang in there, you can do it. And if you fail this time, try try again until you succeed.

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
You're most likely not going to actually notice the money that you save but, I guarantee that you are going to feel 100 times better and you will not stink. I know, you're thinking but I don't stink now. Yes you do. Go a couple of months without smoking and you'll smell what I mean. I didn't think that I stunk either but I did.

Now, I have been quit for almost 6 years now. You CAN do this.

Yep right on... it's crazy how much people that smoke wreak... and crazier that I used to smell that way and didn't know it!

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
This stupid patch doesn't seem to be working worth a crap. I'll make it to bed without a smoke though. Big test will tomorrow on the way to the course. I do not want to come back and say I gave in.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
This stupid patch doesn't seem to be working worth a crap. I'll make it to bed without a smoke though. Big test will tomorrow on the way to the course. I do not want to come back and say I gave in.

I didn't have any luck with the patches either. Have you tried Camel's new product, Snus? Smokeless, spitless tobacco pouches. The mellow actually has a pretty good taste, just be sure you follow the directions, and put it under your top lip. Put it under the bottom lip and you'll get sick as a dog if you don't spit, :D

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I didn't have any luck with the patches either. Have you tried Camel's new product, Snus? Smokeless, spitless tobacco pouches. The mellow actually has a pretty good taste, just be sure you follow the directions, and put it under your top lip. Put it under the bottom lip and you'll get sick as a dog if you don't spit, :D

Nah, that stuff looks nasty. Never cared for any chew or dip type stuff. I did, however, eat most of a box of cookies. I have a feeling I'll put on 10lbs. in no time if I quit. Bye, bye 8pack.
icon10.gif

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Nah, that stuff looks nasty. Never cared for any chew or dip type stuff. I did, however, eat most of a box of cookies. I have a feeling I'll put on 10lbs. in no time if I quit. Bye, bye 8pack.
icon10.gif

Snus is little self contained pouches, nothing at all like Copenhagen. Even comes in a neat little metal container, which works great as a storage device for stuff in your golf bag.
800px-Snus_4.jpg

EddieC

Feb 1, 2006
Ez, Seriously: Save on new Nicorette White Ice Mint stop smoking gum nicotine, white teeth and it freshens your breath.....you can't loose. I've never met anyone that quit using the patch. Had a friend that had three of those things on and was still smoking......Both the wife and myself chewed nicorette for a few months a quit easily....you gotta get something that'll take that edge off....cookies work for a while, but nothing like a little nicotine right? Anyway, good luck to you again.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I think having a coffe was a mistake. It set off the craving. No smokes yet. Have the patch on and chewing some Big Red gum. Off the the course in a few minutes. Playing with my friend and he smokes some garbage b!tch a$$ Ultra Lights. Not sure I'll make it the whole round without cheating.

Members online