• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rac TP forged vs. Rac MB forged

AaA

Feb 22, 2005
What is the difference between these clubs? On TM's site, they don't even have the Rac TP's listed. Are the MB's the successor to the TP's?

They also say that they created the MB's for Goosen. But when you check what is in Goosen's bag (courtesy of TM web site), it says Rac TP forged. Am I missing something?

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I believe they are just Cavity vs. Muscleback blade models. I was looking at the '04 Rac TP's for a while. Those are sweet and one of a handful of iron sets I would switch out from the Miura's to attain. I think, for me, a CB 3-7 and MB 8-PW would be the best set.

Get 'em. If for no other reason, to make me jealous.
icon10.gif

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
I have a set with Project X shafts in a good 9/10 condition I will flog you for 800 bucks....

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
That's worth considering! BTW, when is the ground gonna soften up around here? April?

Yeah probably. I really think winter is just coming later year after year. I remember last year there were still temp tees set up a week after Easter. That ticked me off since they were trying to charge full price. Good thing was many courses had deals well into May. I played Cranston CC for like twenty-something, that is usually around $50. Won't see me there mid-season.
icon10.gif

cyberious

Planet Love Tron
Feb 19, 2005
OK, I've owned both and currently play the TP MB's. I like both and feel is pretty close to the same. The RAC TP's are cavity back with no offset at all. The RAC TP MB's are muscle back blades with a slight offset. Quite frankly I find the Blades easier to hit and more forgiving. This is the exact opposite of what I expected but since the MB's are a little offset it is understandable. Also the RAC TP's are discontinued for this year. They can be had for a pretty cheap price these days. The RAC TP's are also a little easier to work than the RAC TP MB's (atleast for me). Does that answer your question?

OP
A

AaA

Feb 22, 2005
OK, I've owned both and currently play the TP MB's. I like both and feel is pretty close to the same. The RAC TP's are cavity back with no offset at all. The RAC TP MB's are muscle back blades with a slight offset. Quite frankly I find the Blades easier to hit and more forgiving. This is the exact opposite of what I expected but since the MB's are a little offset it is understandable. Also the RAC TP's are discontinued for this year. They can be had for a pretty cheap price these days. The RAC TP's are also a little easier to work than the RAC TP MB's (atleast for me). Does that answer your question?

Yes, pretty much. I figured they discontinued the TP cavities and created the newer version, the TP MB's.

Do you find the MB's to be a true muscle back, like the titleist 695mb's? Maybe it's just the angle, but the TM's look a tad bit thicker. Nonetheless, I love the looks.

cyberious

Planet Love Tron
Feb 19, 2005
I think they are better feeling than the Titleist's. The Titleists just feel like you are hitting a rock no matter where you hit the ball. With the TM's if you hit it in the sweetspot you barely even feel like you hit anything. They maybe a tad thicker in the soles but at address they have nice thin toplines.

OP
A

AaA

Feb 22, 2005
I think they are better feeling than the Titleist's. The Titleists just feel like you are hitting a rock no matter where you hit the ball. With the TM's if you hit it in the sweetspot you barely even feel like you hit anything. They maybe a tad thicker in the soles but at address they have nice thin toplines.

I found the 695 mb's to be very smooth. But everyone is different I guess. The TP's felt pretty darn good too.

cyberious

Planet Love Tron
Feb 19, 2005
I really want to try the R7 tp irons.

I've tried them. They are without a doubt one of the best cast clubs I've ever hit. Pretty thin topline and very smooth swinging you should definitely give them a test.

🔥 Latest posts