• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Random equipment thread

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
How about a thread for equipment discussion on stuff that really doesn't deserve it's own thread? I was in Golf Galaxy today getting a grip put on my 3W and saw a used set of Titleist 714 MBs. Decided to swing them while the tech was installing my grip. These things are butter. Nothing says playa like a set of MBs in a bag either.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
How about a thread for equipment discussion on stuff that really doesn't deserve it's own thread? I was in Golf Galaxy today getting a grip put on my 3W and saw a used set of Titleist 714 MBs. Decided to swing them while the tech was installing my grip. These things are butter. Nothing says playa like a set of MBs in a bag either.

The Titleist cd/mb are some of my favorites ever. Can't hit them but they sure are pretty!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
My second ace was a 690.mb 8-iron. Had two sets. Loved them. Probably would not have the game for them now. Some will argue that Mizuno blades are the sexiest. If they are, Titleist blades are a close second. Personally, I would take the side that Titleist blades are the prettiest out there.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
My second ace was a 690.mb 8-iron. Had two sets. Loved them. Probably would not have the game for them now. Some will argue that Mizuno blades are the sexiest. If they are, Titleist blades are a close second. Personally, I would take the side that Titleist blades are the prettiest out there.

"My second ace..."

DICK

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
First, 1994. Second, 2004. Evidently, the Golf Gods weren't smiling in 2014. So, I'll need to wait until 2024 for my third. I'll only be 77 during the 2014 golf season. :D

I guess you know, aces are pure dumb luck......
Since Vin Skully has more aces than Freddie Couples I'll have to agree with you.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
WTF are you doing letting someone else grip your clubs?

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I picked up one of these at an estate sale for two bucks. (pics are not of actual putter)

s-l225.jpg

s-l225.jpg

Gamed it last Friday in a scramble. It felt great! It's light, which I like, and it always seemed to put the ball on the right line. It's got an old nasty graphite shaft that I want to swap out and I think I'll use it more often than not.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
I picked up one of these at an estate sale for two bucks. (pics are not of actual putter)

s-l225.jpg

s-l225.jpg

Gamed it last Friday in a scramble. It felt great! It's light, which I like, and it always seemed to put the ball on the right line. It's got an old nasty graphite shaft that I want to swap out and I think I'll use it more often than not.

Vintage putters are fun, good find!

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country

s-l225.jpg

s-l225.jpg

Is that a Tommy Armour? I have one too. Got it at PIAS for $5. Mine has a steel shaft and it feels awesome at impact. Thinking about putting a decent grip on it and giving it a whirl.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.