• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Randy Moss to New England, sorry Cheeseheads...

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
The Pats just picked up Randy Moss from Oakland for a 4th round pick in todays draft. The deal is contingent on Moss passing his physical. According to the talking heads, Moss has agreed to restructure his contract and the Pats have already told him that he is on a short leash, one screw up and he's gone.

Sorry cheeseheads. No Randy Moss for you. :D

The line is already forming for Pats playoff tickets....

Sean

Worm Burner
Aug 24, 2006
My boys were re-loaded before the draft and to get Moss for a 4th is very nice. Even if he blows up afyter 8 games it's still vlue for that pick.

Word is he;'s restructuring/extending the contract to help with the cap situation. Nice grab for a 4th rnd pick.

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
The Patriots have certainly upgraded to give the Colts a challenge this year. Moss was willing to go to NE for a greater salary cut than to the Packers. Would have been intriguing watching Favre with Driver, Jennings or Cory Robinson to throw to but Brady-Moss combo isn't bad. Moss will probably behave as Super Bowl run being made. Andre (bad moon) Rison did the same for Pack in 1997 Championship season ending with GB vs NE game. Kind of ironic.

I'm afraid it will be another rebuilding year for Packers with Viking getting a class running back and the lowly Lions upgrading with WR CJ and the Bears still solid except at QB.:( Packer management appear to be developing a dominate defense but it will take a while as they are working with a slightly better than average 2006 Defense.

Good luck to Pats.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Let's just hope little Tom Brady doesn't choke this coming year. Playoff tickets maybe, but Superbowl? Doubtful. :p

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Let's just hope little Tom Brady doesn't choke this coming year. Playoff tickets maybe, but Superbowl? Doubtful. :p

Umm???? excuse me?

Brady choke? He's like the 2nd best QB in the league. As long as he is the QB the Pats have a chance at winning the Superbowl.

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country

Brady choke? Have you been asleep for the last 7 years?

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Don't hold your breath Tim, Moss is a loser and always injured. Bad ankles and ribs!!

Pats went to the AFC championship game with a bunch of retread WR last year. They picked up Moss, Wes Welker, and Stallworth in the off season. Even if Moss does not play a down the Pats are already better. With Moss, they are a dominant team.

HookedIt

Apr 30, 2007
The pats are looking really dangerous. Brady should have a monster season with Moss, Stallworth and Welker to throw to. Ben Watson is a pretty solid tight end too

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Umm???? excuse me?

Brady choke? He's like the 2nd best QB in the league. As long as he is the QB the Pats have a chance at winning the Superbowl.

Fair warning, I'm biased against the Pats, no real reason, just never really liked them. :)

Brady choke? Have you been asleep for the last 7 years?

Nope, just the past 2.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
All of us in Packerland are still wondering what that bozo Thompson was thinking of in this draft. People were booing him. He let's all the talent get away on free agency and then doesn't draft to fill their spots. Duh. :real angry:

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Fair warning, I'm biased against the Pats, no real reason, just never really liked them. :)

I live in die hard NE territory - Sox and Pats are the game here. I'm a Nats and Jets fan. The Pats are my worst enemy, but I will say this - they are a damn good football club and Brady is THE man when it comes to QB. They'll win the East again this year 100%

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Nope, just the past 2.

Hard to blame last year on Brady. The WR corps dropped several passes against the Colts that were right in between the numbers costing them scoreing opportunities. THAT problem has been addressed. Moss, Stallworth, and Welker are the starting 3 receivers for the Pats.

No matter how much you hate them, they are going to be one of the best teams in the league this year.

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
All of us in Packerland are still wondering what that bozo Thompson was thinking of in this draft. People were booing him. He let's all the talent get away on free agency and then doesn't draft to fill their spots. Duh. :real angry:

I have to agree with you, WBL. Unless the Pack have something up their sleeve, it looks like Brett Favre and friends will be heading into battle not fully equipped to win.

🔥 Latest posts