• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Range Finder

neborwil

Banned
Banned
Phucknugget
Sep 15, 2019
Country
United States United States
Hi All,
Currently looking at a range finder, this will be my first.
Do you recommend any? Ideally looking at a maximum $100
Thanks

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
Not sure you’re going to find one worth using in that price range, also are you looking for a laser/optical rangefinder? Or a GPS range finder? Both have their advantages and disadvantages, and most of the time are a decent amount over $100.

If you take a look online or on amazon, there’s a bunch of no name lasers for about $100, I don’t know if these work well or not, and I’ve never met someone who had one. As far as brands go, Bushnell is pretty much the standard, but their cheapest model is in the $250 range I think. Leupold is also a good hunting/golf optics brand, and I know they have a few good models, but I’m not sure on the price point. Callaway I know also makes a good product, and their a bit cheaper, in the $180 range I think, and I know those work well, because my best friend has had one for about 6 years.

Personally I have a Bushnell Tour V3, which I don’t believe they still sell retail, and I want to say that when I got it, it was retailing for about $260 but I’m not 100% sure.

The bottom line is if you want to stay inside that budget, you’re going to get the quality you pay for, and it’s up to you to decide if it’s worth it.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
$100 is going to be tough...

Probably have to look around on craigslist or Ebay and see if you can find something in that range.

I have a Leupold RX800i TBR DNA. I believe it was also in the 250 range when I bought it. I got this because I use mine for both golf and hunting. It has a nice feature where you can tell it to give you the furthest distance, which is great for hunting when you want the deer, not the twig in front of you. You can also set it to give you the closest distance, which is great for golf when you want the flag and not the line of tree's behind it.

I would say go ahead and hold off on the range finder, save up some more money, and get a quality one. I've had mine for 7 years now. 2 batteries so far and it hasn't skipped a beat.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
What he said...
I've has a Bushnell V2 for about 10 years. It works, so I'm happy!
The Bay is calling!

🔥 Latest posts