• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ready to move

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
79? My house stays at 67 all winter, about 75 in the summer. 79 would be roasting inside this time of year.

Move, big guy. Come to the Carolinas. Heck, move close and I'll even start playing golf again and get you started on liquor and cigars!
before we had kids...it was at 65 all winter. 67 now. same as you with 75 in the summer.

I'd go broke if I kept the house at 79

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
I have always kept my woodstove. Do not use it as much as I used to, but it is still nice to have during times like these.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I have always kept my woodstove. Do not use it as much as I used to, but it is still nice to have during times like these.

A lot of wood stove add-on's now still require the blower...unless it's a radiant heat style wood stove, but not too many people with those in the corner anymore.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
I don't mind snow, it's the sub arctic temps that have worn me down. As it gets colder my house does the snap, crackle & PPP routine.

Your weather sounds good though. We don't get super hot much either, very humid though.

San Diego sounds really good right now.... :)

At my age, I'll take extreme heat over extreme cold. Heat makes me uncomfortable, sweaty, etc........minor issues. Cold makes my body HURT - major issue. I'd love to retire and spend the winters in Florida..................oh, wait............

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Usually no need for seat belts, insurance, or smoke detectors either....

Just sayin...

Every generator in town has been sold, lol. Guess I'll snuggle up with Mrs. FWS to stay warm. ;)

Send the wife and boys this way. Our home's not too large, but we'd make room for them. You can stay in the "igloo" and guard the Pings!!!

Thanks man!

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online