• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ready to move

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
before we had kids...it was at 65 all winter. 67 now. same as you with 75 in the summer.

I'd go broke if I kept the house at 79
With oil we never went over 64. Wood pellets are much cheaper. 79 is high but it was -21 so I cranked it up. Typically we are in the 70-72 range.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
79? My house stays at 67 all winter, about 75 in the summer. 79 would be roasting inside this time of year.

Move, big guy. Come to the Carolinas. Heck, move close and I'll even start playing golf again and get you started on liquor and cigars!
That actually sounds good, except the cigar part. :)

We were actually close to moving to Wilmington, NC a few years back. May be time to revisit that notion.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
FL, SC, NC = hurricanes, right? Even if it's only once every few years (even though there is an actual hurricane "season" every year) the mere possibility is reason enough to make me not want to live there. But, to each his own...

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
At my age, I'll take extreme heat over extreme cold. Heat makes me uncomfortable, sweaty, etc........minor issues. Cold makes my body HURT - major issue. I'd love to retire and spend the winters in Florida..................oh, wait............
Hell yeah. Born & raised in WI... i'm almost 37 now and i'm over it. Very very over it. If, no wait... when I move to a warmer climate I will miss Lake Michigan though. There are a few days here in summer that are pure heaven living right on the inland ocean. Being a carpenter who has to work in the elements though I say this, phuck the cold!

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Hell yeah. Born & raised in WI... i'm almost 37 now and i'm over it. Very very over it. If, no wait... when I move to a warmer climate I will miss Lake Michigan though. There are a few days here in summer that are pure heaven living right on the inland ocean. Being a carpenter who has to work in the elements though I say this, phuck the cold!
Amen brother!

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
I like a change of season, but January through March stink. I call it the Gray Time.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Tiiiimmmmmmmbbbbbberrrrrrrrr!!!

We have trees coming down in the backyard.

ImageUploadedByShot Talk1424133236.766639.jpg

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I like a change of season, but January through March stink. I call it the Gray Time.

The irony is that in my neck of the woods, that period is the most disgusting from a heat perspective. I usually can't wait for it to hit April when the humidity reduces and the days become milder.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I usually like my neck of the woods. January through March are usually tough. Copped up, cabin & spring fever set in. This year it's worse because at these temps, it's hard to even be outside.

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
Been a month of sub zero temps with at least another week of it. Wife and I were talking yesterday, not sure what I would want more at this point-super cold which we've had OR the 10' of snow that coastal areas have gotten.

Took a pic this morning of the weather center we have set up. It's cold. Top right in blue is current temp: -21. On the bottom in blue is yesterday's low with windchill: -27. The yellow on the left is indoor temp: 79 :). We have a pellet stove and its cranked! No way we'd be able to keep it that warm with oil , electric or propane hear.

I'd seriously consider moving at this point!

View attachment 25906
What is that weather setup? How can I do that on a tablet?

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
What is that weather setup? How can I do that on a tablet?
It's an Acurite weather center from Cabela's. It's pretty sweet. Wind speed, wind chill, rain gauge, humidity, dew point and much more. I know you can connect to the computer, and there is an app to I think.

Check out Cabela's website.

🔥 Latest posts