• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ready to play...

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Sick of winter.

Ready to get out there and hit the links.

Whose with me?

I think Im going to hit the heated range by my new job. feeling the itch to swing club.
I'm with you, it's been 10* or colder for the last week. We don't have a heated range nearby though.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
We're in that time of year, the temps can change on a dime. Wednesday, 60 degrees... beautiful... had to work. Thursday, high of 28 degrees and cold north wind. Yesterday, upper 50's... nice... and I got home early. SIL and I went off #1 tee about 1 p.m. Played 18. Some tee boxes were a little tough to get tees in the ground. Frost just under the surface. Just great to get out.

That's the second time in January, I've played. Hope to play at least once more this weekend. This appears to be one of those years when we will be able to tee it up, at least once, each of the 12 months.

SIL picked up a beautiful set of Eye 2 irons off Craig's List this winter. 3-PW... matching serial numbers... all original shafts... had original Ping grips, which were slick as a baby's butt... couldn't have had many rounds on them. The fellow that was selling them said they were his grandfathers and, after having them sit in his garage for 10 years, had never had any interest in taking up the game. SIL paid him $50 for the irons, 3 crappy woods, and a junk putter. They were in an old leather bag which smelled like a mouse hotel. I tried to get him to sell me the irons. He refused, and has continued to irritate me with reminding me how much I want them. He's played them twice, and cannot get used to them. Yesterday, he said he was going back to his MP32's. If/when he does, I may be able to retire the BeCu's and stick a neat set of stainless Eye 2's in the bag.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
It is pouring rain right now and is supposed to remain that way through tuesday.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
It's -6*C here today, but the sun makes it look beautiful out there! Not much snow in S. Ontario to speak of, some courses could still be open I'm sure!

I'm feeling the itch to swing! Indoor practice for now on putting and chips, but a full swing would be nice. I feel my inner club ho stirring too...

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Weather keeps swapping between snowing, sleeting, and freezing rain...supposed to be like this till.

Might have to work 4 tens this week. Im not driving on ice.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Thinking about hitting the range today, wife works from 1:30-10:30 so more than enough time to drive into town and hit a bucket or 3. Haven't been to Vitense in at least 2 yrs.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Thinking about hitting the range today, wife works from 1:30-10:30 so more than enough time to drive into town and hit a bucket or 3. Haven't been to Vitense in at least 2 yrs.
Damn, busy family day for me or i would join in. Taking my 7 year old ice skating for the first time.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I got to play yesterday, probably 45 degrees when I started and 51ish when I was leaving. Just the tiniest of breeze it was beautiful.
Wasn't even going to go out, this morning. 18 degrees when I woke up. Buddy called from the pro shop about 9:30, ready to play. Temps had got up to 24. No frost, just frozen. The course let us go at 10 a.m. and 27 degrees. It stayed cloudy and was only 34 degrees when we finished. Sure nice when you have a heater in the cart. :>)

dedicatedhacker

Jan 12, 2013
Altus Oklahoma
Country
Wasn't even going to go out, this morning. 18 degrees when I woke up. Buddy called from the pro shop about 9:30, ready to play. Temps had got up to 24. No frost, just frozen. The course let us go at 10 a.m. and 27 degrees. It stayed cloudy and was only 34 degrees when we finished. Sure nice when you have a heater in the cart. :>)

Nice!! We've played in temps pretty close to that but only when there isn't a big wind blowing, I hate that lol.

🔥 Latest posts