• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ready to play...

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
At this rate, Rock and guys in Canada will be teeing it up before us.............probably in ALASKA too.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
At this rate, Rock and guys in Canada will be teeing it up before us.............probably in ALASKA too.

Not a F&*&%g chance.

I have 6' of snow covering my entire yard and another 10-12 inches on it's way this weekend. We set snowfall records 4 weeks ago and have had steady snow since.

We won't be into the 40's until April 25th according to long range forecasts.

Last year, on April 4th, I hit balls in shorts at the range.

Basically, I want to kill myself.

R35

dedicatedhacker

Jan 12, 2013
Altus Oklahoma
Country
Not a F&*&%g chance.

I have 6' of snow covering my entire yard and another 10-12 inches on it's way this weekend. We set snowfall records 4 weeks ago and have had steady snow since.

We won't be into the 40's until April 25th according to long range forecasts.

Last year, on April 4th, I hit balls in shorts at the range.

Basically, I want to kill myself.

R35
Don't you love global warming and how hot it is

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Don't you love global warming and how hot it is
Dude I played golf well into December in WI the past few years and generally get a couple rounds in in march... I don't remember that being a possibility when I was a kid. Just sayin, there MIGHT be something to the global warming thing. Our weather here really isn't that out of the ordinary right now, but last year when we had a few days of 85 in march it was.

dedicatedhacker

Jan 12, 2013
Altus Oklahoma
Country
Dude I played golf well into December in WI the past few years and generally get a couple rounds in in march... I don't remember that being a possibility when I was a kid. Just sayin, there MIGHT be something to the global warming thing. Our weather here really isn't that out of the ordinary right now, but last year when we had a few days of 85 in march it was.
Exact opposite down here. Used to be snow and cold as crap for maybe half a month. It would normally be in the high 80s and low 90s by now. But were getting snowed on as I type this. I can not remember for the life of me it ever even being below 70 during the day this time of year

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Agreed. We had one big snow storm here in VT this year. ONE, and that brought maybe 12". We had a few other little storms. When I was a kid it seemed like we had more snow and it lasted longer.

I wonder too if the tsunami a few years back messed with weather patterns? Are we in a natural warming cycle or is this man made? I don't know the answers but I don't dismiss global warming as all bull either ( I'm not saying that's what dedicatedhacker was saying either, just stating my opinion).

dedicatedhacker

Jan 12, 2013
Altus Oklahoma
Country
I'm not saying there is or isn't global warming. I've been skeptical as of lately with all the scandals surrounding the scientists falsifying data to fit their political agendas so the $$ keeps flowing in. Good example around here is that its already to late in the year to plant crops we have for decades this time of the year because its to cold. And a new report came out recently that the global temperature rising has stopped for the last 20+ years. Some scientists are saying its actually cooling. Who knows what or who to believe. Most of them are screwed with a political agenda any ways.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I'm not saying there is or isn't global warming. I've been skeptical as of lately with all the scandals surrounding the scientists falsifying data to fit their political agendas so the $$ keeps flowing in. Good example around here is that its already to late in the year to plant crops we have for decades this time of the year because its to cold. And a new report came out recently that the global temperature rising has stopped for the last 20+ years. Some scientists are saying its actually cooling. Who knows what or who to believe. Most of them are screwed with a political agenda any ways.
That's just it, for every report there is on global warming there is another one saying there isn't. Who knows?

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
That's just it, for every report there is on global warming there is another one saying there isn't. Who knows?
We just had an ice storm last night (was supposed to be snow). Power outages, branches down, and just a f$%@###&*%$##n mess. I say there's global cooling. I'm 66 and I always remember as a kid we'd have heavy snow in winter but by Easter, it was warming up in 50's and 60's. Last year was warm in March, but this year is late, late, late. I'm going stir crazy.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Here's my quick take before this thread spirals out of control. Are we warmer now (on average) than we were at the beginning of recorded temps 180 years ago? sure we are. My point of contention with the AGW zealots is they feel that the human production of co2 is the sole cause of 100% of the warming when in fact we were warmer than we are now further back in time. They take little notice that we are still coming out of the little ice age. Does this mean that we can just pollute all we want? No. We should still do what we can clean it up.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Here's my quick take before this thread spirals out of control. Are we warmer now (on average) than we were at the beginning of recorded temps 180 years ago? sure we are. My point of contention with the AGW zealots is they feel that the human production of co2 is the sole cause of 100% of the warming when in fact we were warmer than we are now further back in time. They take little notice that we are still coming out of the little ice age. Does this mean that we can just pollute all we want? No. We should still do what we can clean it up.
My thoughts as well.

dedicatedhacker

Jan 12, 2013
Altus Oklahoma
Country
Y'all should have seen my Chihuahua on the frozen grass this morning. He was hopping around from foot to foot like he had stickers in all his paws. Was cracking me up haha

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.