• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

REOPENING: The Oasis at Death Valley (Formerly the Furnace Creek Resort)

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States

A RESORT IN DEATH VALLEY that opened on February 1, 1927 (91 years ago) is reopening after a multi-million dollar renovation.

The Oasis at Death Valley (formerly Furnace Creek Resort) has date palm trees, lush gardens, pools and, yes, a golf course.

This resort in one of the most unusual landscapes on earth is ideal for that winter checklist:

• It's sunny.
  • The water (large natural spring-fed pools) is always 85 degrees.
  • It's warm (average high is 73 in February, 82 degrees in March, 90 in April).
  • Rain is rare.
  • It's one of the only sanctioned Dark Skies in the U.S., where you can see the Milky Way with the naked eye.
  • It has a USGA golf course (the lowest on Earth).
  • It's a great outdoor destination (bike, horseback, Jeep tours, photography, ghost towns, etc.).
  • It's not crowded, only two hours from Las Vegas and four hours from LA.
  • It's historical, beautiful and home to some of the original Star Wars locations, filmed down the road.
Xanterra Travel Collection has wrapped up a multi-million-dollar renovation of the 1920s inn, ranch and golf course.

The 66-room inn officially reopened on February 1, 2018, exactly 91 years to the day it originally opened. Its dining room working fireplaces are adorned with some of the owner's renowned paintings of the era, and the outdoor terraces with sweeping views are shaded and furnished to provide an inside/outside experience. The rooms have been redone, including all new bathrooms. The historic pool with natural spring fed 85-degree water features cabanas, a pool bar and café, and is next door to a new spa overlooking the Oasis Gardens.

(I used to live in the Mojave Desert. This makes me want to return, especially in February.)

Source: REOPENING: The Oasis at Death Valley (Formerly the Furnace Creek Resort)

Members online

No members online now.