• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Review and compare golfballs

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
DealsOnGolfballs.com said:
....it is that one great shot i hit that keeps convincing me to come back

I'm still waiting for mine to happen! :D

R35

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Heck, I am in if there is still time.

I am always willing to try a new golf ball and see how it performs.

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
Hey Deals, can you give us an idea of your method of classifying balls and/or point me to the part of your site that does that? (I couldn't find it and am occasionally inept at these things, so it's probably my fault).

It just seems that everyone and their dog uses a different method, so an idea of how you do it would be appreciated, thanks!

OP
DealsOnGolfballs.com

DealsOnGolfballs.com

Oct 13, 2005
ualtim said:
Heck, I am in if there is still time.

I am always willing to try a new golf ball and see how it performs.

You are sooo in ;) I will pick 4 people this weekend. Last entry will be accepted. Fri Oct 21 11:59 pst

OP
DealsOnGolfballs.com

DealsOnGolfballs.com

Oct 13, 2005
Silver said:
Hey Deals, can you give us an idea of your method of classifying balls and/or point me to the part of your site that does that? (I couldn't find it and am occasionally inept at these things, so it's probably my fault).

It just seems that everyone and their dog uses a different method, so an idea of how you do it would be appreciated, thanks!

Hi Silver,

It is bottom of front page - but i copied and pasted for you. As a side note.

Our Grade One Used Golf Balls have both the appearance and feel of a ball that has been hit only once. This grade of used golf ball is commonly know in the industry as a 'one hitter' or 'one hit wonder'.
Our Grade Two Used Golf Balls are like new, mint condition used golf balls that just missed grade one status, still like a new golf ball rolling out of the sleeve. These high quality used golf balls look, feel and play like new, Guaranteed!
Our Grade Three Used Golf Balls are great condition golf balls that just miss grade two. They are shiny white with a small mark or fading to the printing, or may have been marked with magic marker by the balls first owner. The balls are near perfect, and will play just like new, Guaranteed!
Practice Balls... Our Practice Grade Golf Balls are great for the range or that ever-difficult long shot over the water hazard. Deals on Golf Balls practice balls come as a mixed lot of various name brands

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
see, I told you I miss this stuff!

thanks DOGB (that's your new name)

actually, that's kinda reminiscent of Dogbert. But I don't think we'll call you that...at least not yet, heh.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
You'll have to come up with an anacronym for after the testing.

Maybe this:

"Hey DOGB, I NSMGB, dude. AMAITT."

*D.O.G.B= DealsOnGolfBalls
*N.S.M.G.B=NeedSomeMoreGolfBalls
*A.M.A.I.T.T=AllMineAreInTheTrees

:biglol:

R35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I ordered a couple dozen used golf balls once. Some Cally Rule 35's (which were great, by the way) and some Cally Blue two peice (they sucked....condition wise, and performance wise).

I often see great deals on HX tours and HX blues, and I'm so tempted....
:D

R35

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
IMO the hx are the best ball out right now.
BTW, I am in the golf business and get free balls so don't add me to the list, I am just having fun.

Scotty01292

Mmmmmmmm..... Cake.......
Oct 16, 2005
I'll put my name in, if possible. I play off 25, so can usually give balls a good test (if they stop quickly when i thin them, if they magically create a neon sign over them to help me find them in the bushes and trees etc.)

But seriously this time, I am actually a good 25 handicapper, as I can usually play to about 14 or 15. Apart from 2 or 3 holes each round which I can never score well on.

Scotty01292

Mmmmmmmm..... Cake.......
Oct 16, 2005
obagain said:
IMO the hx are the best ball out right now.
BTW, I am in the golf business and get free balls so don't add me to the list, I am just having fun.

NOM, but i find HX Tours rubbish. The cover is so thin on them, that they only last about 1 roound.

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Have to laugh at "am a good 25 handicapper as can usually play to 14 or 15." Man, that is a form of cheating ! If I played a game against you off that h/cap and you played to a 15 h/cap ability I would be seriously, serioulsy pissed off. No joke. Get it sorted !

HX Tours flie well, but you're right, they last far less time than the ProV1 which stands up as well as any other ball on the market, imo. I also dislike the firmer/harder fell of the Callaway; I was expecting much better prior to its launch, to be honest...

OP
DealsOnGolfballs.com

DealsOnGolfballs.com

Oct 13, 2005
ROFLMAO

where is the "i just pissed my pants from laffing emoticon' ?

Rockford35 said:
You'll have to come up with an anacronym for after the testing.

Maybe this:

"Hey DOGB, I NSMGB, dude. AMAITT."

*D.O.G.B= DealsOnGolfBalls
*N.S.M.G.B=NeedSomeMoreGolfBalls
*A.M.A.I.T.T=AllMineAreInTheTrees

:biglol:

R35

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Since you're not picking till this weekend count me in too. I'm a 16 and play HX Blues or Pro V1 xouts but happy to try new ones.

I checked out your site and it's nice. Good prices too.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.