• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rio Olympics - non-golf discussion thread

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
United States United States
I am watching Romania vs Brazil in a sport that looks like indoor hand soccer. They are moving up and down a short indoor soccer court by running (while dribbling a small ball) and then attempting to throw the ball into a netted goal past a goalie. WTF is this?

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Saw some of this the other day. Cool game. This is what I like about the Olympics. I won't watch very much basketball or soccer because I can see that any time. However, I dig watching some of the other sports you never see like team handball, table tennis, etc.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Saw some of this the other day. Cool game. This is what I like about the Olympics. I won't watch very much basketball or soccer because I can see that any time. However, I dig watching some of the other sports you never see like team handball, table tennis, etc.
Yeah, agree. The volleyball is always top notch also.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I saw the synchronized diving and thought to myself "who makes up these bull$hit sports?".

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
And I heard a kayaker got knocked out of the race when they/he/she hit an underwater couch....any truth to that?

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
And I heard a kayaker got knocked out of the race when they/he/she hit an underwater couch....any truth to that?

I heard this as well...doesn't surprise me at all given the conditions of the water in that hole.

I saw that as well, but so far there hasn't been any confirmation.

was it an underwater couch or a regular couch that happened to be underwater? If it is the former, then WTF is an underwater couch?

I think I see the couch ...

under-water-traveling-on-sea-garbage-plastics-and-tires-mediterranean-video-id158815886

🔥 Latest posts