• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rocky Mount NC

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Who here has been there? Been near there? Know anything about it?

Thanks from a tip, ive been talking with the coach there (NC Wesleyan College) and am considering going down there possibly.

What do people know about NC? About the town or the area its in? Just kinda lookin for any info I can get from my friends here at ST.

Thanks guys.

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
United States United States
I went to college just north of Charlotte, worked for a course in Sanford, NC and then in Charlotte. Rocky Mount is a little east of Raleigh, a nice area, just off Interstate 64,so you can get to Raleigh easily.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Lived in Hendersonville for almost six years and that is a beautiful area. Great golf courses and lots of ticks.... :D

robereno

Oct 25, 2006
I am from Raleigh and live here now. I also went to college at Wake Forest in Winston-Salem NC. Rocky Mount is about 45 minutes from Raleigh (and the Global Golf warehouse). Rocky Mount is an averaged sized town with plenty of good golf courses in and around. If you have any more specific questions feel free to ask.

sandwedge

Oct 19, 2006
I went to Rocky Mount twice about 5 years ago on business. Each time I spent two weeks there. It was a nice midsize town with just about everything you need there. The people were all very friendly. I am not sure about golf courses but it is beautiful up there so I am sure there are some nice courses.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
gwlee7 is from Rocky Mount. PM him, I'm sure he'll answer any questions you have.

I went to college just north of Charlotte, worked for a course in Sanford, NC and then in Charlotte. Rocky Mount is a little east of Raleigh, a nice area, just off Interstate 64,so you can get to Raleigh easily.

Which course, tmag? I live in Sanford.

OP
Sandpiper3

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Just out of Raleigh!?!

Awesome, thats where the Hurricanes play if im not mistaken!!!:D.

And close to globalgolf... that couldnt be good for my bank account... lol.

Rob, did you play golf for Wake? I wish I could get into a school like that, i believe I could play in a div I school right now, but with my jr record, barely even div II schools would even consider me with nothing to show them right now other than my word that I can play. With my record, they wont even talk with me, they see all the high 70s and low 80s, but dont see that I was -2 or better on 9 holes of every round last year, it was just a matter of getting my head out of my way and getting more consistent (which I firmly believe I am now).

But I have to start somewhere right? The school is a div III and i havent lost any eligibility being here since we didnt play at all in the fall... Any advice from some of the guys here who played competitively in college?

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Just out of Raleigh!?!

Awesome, thats where the Hurricanes play if im not mistaken!!!:D.
You mean the 2006 Stanley Cup Champion Carolina Hurricanes whose stadium is beside my alma mater's football stadium (where I grew up going to games) and approx. 39 minutes and 37 seconds (depending on traffic) from my house? The same Hurricanes that I'll be watching from lower 3rd level center ice seats this Saturday night???

You might be correct....:laugh:

OP
Sandpiper3

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
EVEN IF i came there, i will root for them since i'd be going to school there. Canucks are still better, but i will give props to Staal and Ward.

I AM STILL AND ALWAYS WILL BE A VANCOUVER CANUCKS FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clemsonhacker

uncle sam's slave
Aug 15, 2006
once you get down south youll forget about hockey... just remember it gets hot as bat nutts here in the summers...

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
EVEN IF i came there, i will root for them since i'd be going to school there. Canucks are still better, but i will give props to Staal and Ward.

I AM STILL AND ALWAYS WILL BE A VANCOUVER CANUCKS FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, but we like you anyway! :D

OP
Sandpiper3

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
I will always be a northerner. And will always be a hockey fan, no matter how much money i have to spend on packages to watch Canucks (currently 150$ for the season for NHL Centre Ice).

How is the humidity down there? I hate the muggyness up here, when i came here in august, flew into Toronto and drove down here, damn it was disgustingly muggy, does it get like taht in NC?

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.