• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Roger Clemens

Is Roger Clemens guilty of HGH and/or Steriod use?

• Total voters

PhillyEagle

Feb 3, 2007
awww.nydailynews.com_img_2008_02_19_alg_mcnamee.jpg

What a tool Clemens is.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Yes, but why do we need a congressional hearing to tell us that?

Simple solution. Quit watching baseball. I did - in 1994.

Dusty90

Another Canuck
May 6, 2007
I think that Pettite admitting that McNamee was right about him using steroids gave him lots of credibility. So yes, I think that Clemens is guilty as well.

tn-golfnut-from-nj

Birdie Machine.
Jul 13, 2007
I think everyone is forgetting the most important thing, that came to light because of this hearing.
Clemens wife has implants.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Simple way to stop it: Beginning in high school, if you get caught using any illegal/not allowed drug, your are banned from ALL sports for the rest of your life....PERIOD!

No whining, no 2nd chances.

Also, when caught, all awards/medals/records/honors are permanently stripped and your name is removed as if you never existed.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Let me ask one simple question. Weren't steroids "legal" back when these guys were taking them (or at least not banned by baseball)? And if so, drop this shit and move on....

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
Simple solution. Quit watching baseball. I did - in 1994.

Agreed, I did too. I used to love baseball. My dad played AAA baseball and I grew up loving the game. I got to see the Detroit Tigers win a World Series when I was a kid with Denny McClain, Mickey Lolich and Al Kaline. Then big TV money got involved and without a real salary cap and revenue sharing (like the NFL, which got it right) major league baseball has become a game of haves and have nots. Baseball games also move along at the pace of elephants mating, reminds me of watching a round of golf with JB Holmes, Ben Crane and Jim Furyk in the same group. No thanks.

Let me ask one simple question. Weren't steroids "legal" back when these guys were taking them (or at least not banned by baseball)? And if so, drop this shit and move on....

Steroids were never "legal" under federal law except by a doctor's presciption and under specific circumstances (HGH too for that matter). Whether baseball specifically outlawed them is kind of a moot point since I'm pretty sure none of the players that used steroids had a legitimate doctor's prescription.

fore142

Oct 22, 2006
why does congress handle this? cant baseball sort it out on its own? why does congress care?

OP
P

PhillyEagle

Feb 3, 2007
Congress although I know they are investing too much time into this, I feel they are doing a good thing here because they're trying to send a message to the kids growing up in high school seeing the best of the best take steroids and such, that it is something that simply isn't tolerated.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Quit watching baseball. I did - in 1994.
Ditto for me, when they had the strike and canceled the World Series, it told me how little they cared about the fans. In return, I did the same by showing how little I care for the players and owners by putting my wallet away when it came to baseball and it went from being my most watched sport, to one I simply refuse to watch.

edit 1 - Actually Clemons may be one of the few names I still recognize in baseball. :laugh: So if they can now just get rid of all the owners from '94, dump Selig like a bad rash, and lower the price of tickets to something a family can afford, I may go back to the sport. I won't be holding my breath.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
BTW, it is legally correct that Congress is handling this because it stems from charges of Perjury in front of a Grand Jury (2003), and while Steroids is the buzz word it is not the nature of the charges, but simply a by product that led to the testimony for which he is being investigated. I think too many people, and the media are turning this into an issue of the rights and wrongs of using Steroids, where if he had used Steroids and admitted to the use it would not be an issue with Congress.

Glenn70

Aug 15, 2005
why does congress handle this? cant baseball sort it out on its own? why does congress care?

I don't know all of the specifics, and can't cite facts, but I know the answer to your question has a lot to do with the Collective Bargaining agreement that MLB has with the Players Union. Congress can get involved with issues like this when there is a CBA in place and unions are involved.

cwo2lt

Mulligans-R-Us
Nov 6, 2007
Steroids were never "legal" under federal law except by a doctor's presciption and under specific circumstances (HGH too for that matter). Whether baseball specifically outlawed them is kind of a moot point since I'm pretty sure none of the players that used steroids had a legitimate doctor's prescription.

It's a bit more than that unfortunately. Had he been caught with a joint there would not be the uproar HGH has caused.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online