• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Roger Clemens

Is Roger Clemens guilty of HGH and/or Steriod use?

• Total voters

cwo2lt

Mulligans-R-Us
Nov 6, 2007
Let me ask one simple question. Weren't steroids "legal" back when these guys were taking them (or at least not banned by baseball)? And if so, drop this shit and move on....

Agreed. Or handle it like the NFL, suspend the guy for half a season and move on.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I'm just thrilled to see another sport other than cycling taking a beating over drug abuse. Don't get me wrong, it deeply saddens me that such high profile ambassadors of the sport are turning out to be cheaters. Unfortunately, as long as the kind of money that is involved is involved, we will ALWAYS have to deal with this issue.

In baseball's case the issue is exacerbated because of the power of the player's union. I don't want to get into a huge debate regarding unions but in baseball's case the power struggle is a bit lop-sided right now.

As for following the sport, I still watch and I still root for my home teams but I'm beginning to grow very tired of the super teams that through sheer volume spending amass what is essentially an all-star team. The playing field, so to speak, absolutely needs levelled!

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Yup, I think he did it. Do I really care? We watched roided up football players for years and no one seemed to mind. They are adults, if they want to destroy the bodies, let them. If the government wants to throw them in jail because they broke federal laws, I am fine with that too. Its just like the rest us, if we choose to break the law and get caught we are going to pay a penalty.

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
Guilty as charged, but so is the government that is after him.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
I guess the odds are that he's guilty but it doesn't matter at this point. The moment they publicized McNamee's original testimony his career was toast.

Guilty or not I thought that was unfair. Even tools deserved to be treated fairly. I think it's also suspect that none of the other 180 players mentioned in the report have been asked to testify before congress. For whatever reason their potential steroid use must not matter.

I guess if the get the biggest fish they can bring more attention to themselves so we will all know how they are saving baseball. :rolleyes:

Oh, and I stopped watching after the 94 strike as well.

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Make all the major leaguers TAKE steroids. We need the turn-over to create good paying jobs!!!!!:)

OP
P

PhillyEagle

Feb 3, 2007
I think it's also suspect that none of the other 180 players mentioned in the report have been asked to testify before congress. For whatever reason their potential steroid use must not matter.

Clemens was the only one to speak out against the report. Everybody else either admitted everything in the report regarding themselves were true, or their silence alone signified it being the truth.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Clemens was the only one to speak out against the report. Everybody else either admitted everything in the report regarding themselves were true, or their silence alone signified it being the truth.

Good point.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Don't forget the search for Chuck Knoblauch. They were hunting him down to appear for a while. Why anyone would want to find a second baseman who could not throw the ball to first is beyond me. Apparently, steroids and HGH affected his throwing accuracy. :D

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Don't forget the search for Chuck Knoblauch. They were hunting him down to appear for a while. Why anyone would want to find a second baseman who could not throw the ball to first is beyond me. Apparently, steroids and HGH affected his throwing accuracy. :D

What, they were after Steve Sax too?! :laugh:

Glenn70

Aug 15, 2005

I watched him throw the ball into the seats behind first base plenty of times!! That must have been after he started on the HGH!! :laugh:

What'saScore

I need an eraser
Feb 5, 2006
Congress although I know they are investing too much time into this, I feel they are doing a good thing here because they're trying to send a message to the kids growing up in high school seeing the best of the best take steroids and such, that it is something that simply isn't tolerated.
Not congress's job. That's what parents are for. Thos congressmen are doing nothing but over stepping their boundaries and getting themselves more camera face time.

What'saScore

I need an eraser
Feb 5, 2006

Not to mention his weekly temper tantrums and pouting sessions. Plus his stupid batting routine of re-adjusting his gloves between every pitch drove me nuts. The umps should have told the pitchers to throw the dam ball and start calling strikes for wasting so much time. I was very happy to see the Twins let him go.

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
Let me ask one simple question. Weren't steroids "legal" back when these guys were taking them (or at least not banned by baseball)? And if so, drop this shit and move on....

I believe baseball just turned the other way. UNTIL they were sure that the league made as much money as possible off Bonds breaking the record. Notice that immediately after he did they had "finally" gathered enough evidence to come after him. Untimely coincidence. I doubt it.

🔥 Latest posts